当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 237]

发布时间:2022-09-23浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 237

01

Medical Story Show

(6-14)

"Pulling the tongue

拉舌头

ice packs on the throat, hitting yourself

在喉咙上放冰袋 抽自己

the groin pinch."

捏腹股沟

Well, you've certainly covered

显然你已经试过所有

all the normal medical bases

正常的基本疗法了

Uh, how are you hitting yourself though?

不过你是怎么抽自己的

Is it with an open hand or a fist? Open hand.

是用巴掌呢还是用拳头 用巴掌

Well, that's

那是

that's how they teach it at Harvard Med.

那是哈佛医学院的独门方法

How hard though?

打多重

I'm sorry. I missed that.

太抱歉了 我没看清

Could you do that again?

能再来一次吗

That'sThat's very good.

这 这很好

It's hiccups.

打嗝病人

I need to speak with you now.

我现在得跟你谈谈

I need to go peepee.

我得去尿尿

Dial it up a notch and repeat. I'll be back.

就按这个样子重复 我去去就来

Ooh. Girl in the boy's bathroom.

噢 出现在男厕里的女生

Very dramatic.

非常精彩

It must be very important, what she has to say to me.

她要跟我说的事 一定非常重要

Yesterday your patient's tumor was 5.8 centimeters.

昨天你病人的肿瘤是 5.8 厘米

Today it's 4.6. How does that happen?

今天就是 4.6 厘米了 怎么回事

Well, at a guess, I'd say

我猜我会说

" That Dr. House must be really, really good.

豪斯医生一定非常非常优秀

Why am I wasting him on hiccups?"

我干嘛大材小用让他去给打嗝病人看病呢

I wash before and after.

我上厕所前后都洗手

You also requisitioned 20 c.C.'s of ethanol.

你还要了 20 毫升乙醇

What patient was that for?

这又是给哪个病人的

Or are you planning a party?

还是说你在准备派对

Do me a favor.

帮帮忙

I was gonna say leave, but that works.

我是想让你走开 不过那也行

You shrunk the tumor.

你把肿瘤缩小了

Only way to get the guy to do the surgery.

让那家伙同意手术的唯一方法

Fraud was the only way?

欺诈是唯一的方法吗

There is a reason that we have these guidelines.

那些规章制度的存在都是有意义的

I know. To save lives.

我知道 保人性命

Specifically, doctors' lives.

具体来说 保医生的性命

And not just their lives, but their lifestyles.

不止是性命 还有他们的美好生活

Wouldn't want to operate on anyone really sick.

别给真正病重的人做手术

They might die and spoil our stats.

他们会死掉 毁了我们的治愈率

Bergin has a right to know what he is operating on.

帕金有权知道手术对象的真实病情

True. I got all focused on her right to live and forgot.

没错 我太过关注她的生命 所以忘记了

You do what you think is right.

你觉得怎么对就怎么做吧

He really didn't know?

他真不知道吗

No, I didn't.

我不知道

And, frankly, I'm angry.

坦白说 我很生气

which I'm guessing is the correct response.

我猜这应该是正确反应

Of course, I'll know better once

当然 要是你告诉我你说的是哪件事

you tell me what you're talking about.

我可能会回答的好一些

Your birthday.

你的生日

Anger was a bad guess.

看来我猜得大错特错

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1. ice pack 冰袋2. groin [ɡrɔɪn] n. [解剖] 腹股沟3. pinch [pɪntʃ] v. 捏,拧,掐4. hiccup [ˈhɪkʌp] n. 打嗝;vi. 打嗝5. peepee [ˈpiːpiː] n. 溺尿;尿;vi. 溺尿6. dial up 拔号7. notch [nɑːtʃ]n. 等级,档次8. dramatic [drəˈmætɪk] adj. 巨大而突然的,急剧的;激动人心的,引人注目的,给人深刻印象的9. requisition [ˌrekwɪˈzɪʃ(ə)n] n. 征用;要求;申请书;引渡要求;vt. 征用;申请领取10. ethanol [ˈeθənɔːl] n. [有化] 乙醇,[有化] 酒精11. fraud [frɔːd] n. 欺诈

02

Next issue