
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 238
01
Medical Story Show
(6-15)
Well, normally, I'd put on a festive hat
一般来说 我会戴上节日帽
and celebrate the fact that the Earth
庆祝地球又成功地
has circled the sun one more time.
绕太阳转了一圈
I really didn't think it was gonna make it this year
我真不觉得它今年也能做到
but darn it if it wasn't the little planet
不过这个小星球要是做不到
that could all over again.
那可就太糟糕了
It's a birthday. It's an excuse to be happy.
这是生日 用来寻开心的完美借口
You think that's lame?
这理由很蹩脚吗
Why are you here? Did you buy me a pony?
你在这干嘛 给我买了匹小红马吗
I'm just waiting for the surgery.
我在等手术结束
Yeah, well, go scrub in.
那你也去参加手术啊
All right, we're done. Close her up.
好了 完成 缝合吧
The tumor didn't just walk itself into a bar
肿瘤可不会自己走进酒吧
and order up a double shot of ethanol.
然后点一杯烈性酒的
Someone shrunk it down.
某人让它缩小了
I'm sorry. It was very, very wrong.
很抱歉 这样做的确非常不妥
House is lucky I didn't just close her up.
我没有将她缝合了事 豪斯应该感到幸运
He tries it again, that's what happens.
如果还有下次 这就是后果
I'll pass it on.
我会转达的
It looks like the surgeon got it all
看起来手术很顺利
but she's gonna have to have some chemotherapy.
但她还得接受化疗
What kind is it?
怎样的化疗
Luke, stop writing.
卢克 别记了
If you stop for a second, it's not all gonna fall apart.
你停一停 天也不会塌下来
Give yourself a break once in a while.
偶尔自己也休息一下吧
The fact is, your Mom's gonna have an extra drink every now and then.
事实上 你妈妈趁你不知道在偷偷喝酒
No. No. She won't. She doesn't.
不 不可能 她不会的 不会的
Fine.
好吧
There are some things you just can't fix. That's all I'm saying.
我只是想说 有些事情是你无法解决的
That's how you'd handle it, something like this?
如果你碰上这样的事 就是这样应对的吗
You'd just give up?
直接放弃吗
No.
不
I'd do it just like you.
我会和你一样做法的
It's an infusion.
这是注射疗法
She's gonna have a drain in her abdomen.
你妈妈腹部需要排干积水
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. darn [dɑːrn] v. 织补;缝补;n. 织补处;adv. 非常(同damn);adj.(非正式,加强语气)该死的2.darn it 真讨厌3. lame [leɪm] adj. 瘸的,跛的,残疾的;(尤指借口或论据)站不住脚的,无说服力的4. pony [ˈpoʊni] n. 矮种马,小型马5. scrub in 参加手术6. a shot of 一针;一杯;少量7. chemotherapy [.ki:moʊ' θerəpi] n. [临床] 化学疗法
02
Next issue