
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 236
01
Medical Story Show
(6-13)
Well, if we're lucky
要是运气好
just long enough to fool the surgeon.
刚好能骗过主刀医生
Good morning, Dr. House.
豪斯医生 早安
Good morning, Dr. Cuddy.
早安 卡迪医生
Love that outfit.
外套不错
It says, " I'm professional
如同在说 虽然我是个职场女强人
but I'm still a woman."
但我仍然是个女人
Actually, it sort of yells the second part.
实际上 后半句话简直是扯着嗓子在喊
Yeah, and your big cane is real subtle too.
是啊 你那根大手杖也很微妙
Gotta go. Those running noses aren't
该走了 川流不息的鼻涕
just gonna start walking on their own.
可不会自己消失
The clinic can wait.
门诊待会再说
How long? Maybe we could catch a movie.
要多长时间 或许我还能看场电影
You should know by now my doctors
如今你该知道我的医生们
have no secrets from me
什么也瞒不了我了
I don't believe it.
我可不信
Who came running to Mommy?
谁来找老妈告状了
It doesn't matter who.
这不重要
The point is, I know exactly what you did.
重点在于我知道你究竟干了些什么
You have no idea what I'm talking about.
你不知道我说的是什么
Somebody knows about a bad thing you did.
有人知道你干了件坏事
That's a big field.
这么说可能太空泛了
But somebody you think might've told me.
但你以为某人来跟我告状
that narrows it down quite a bit.
这下范围可小多了
Someone who views me as a maternal authority figure.
在某人眼中我还是充满母性的权威形象
A young person perhaps? How am I doing?
那应该是个年轻人吧 我的推理如何
Think I'm gonna get there?
觉得我能猜出答案吗
Presumably hospital business.How many patients
想必是医院事务吧 你有多少病人
It's Cameron.
是卡梅隆
She found out about my birthday.
她发现了我的生日
I thought she told you and
我以为她告诉你了
I'd have to stand here and smile
而我得笑嘻嘻地站在这儿
while you gave me a sweatshirt
接过你给我的运动衫
or a fruit basket.
或者小果篮什么的
You know, made me feel
让我感受到
that deep sense of belonging.
那深深的归属感
Actually, I was just gonna remind you
实际上我只是要提醒你
you owe me six clinic hours this week.
这周你欠我 6 个小时的门诊
Hi, this is Dr. Cuddy.
嗨 我是卡迪医生
I need all the charts on Dr. House's current patients.
我需要豪斯医生近期所有病人的病历
I've tried everything.
我试过了一切方法
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. cane [keɪn]n. 拐杖2. subtle [ˈsʌtl] adj. 不易察觉的,微妙的3. catch a movie 看一场电影4. maternal [məˈtɜːrnl] adj. 慈母般的;作为母亲的;母系的5. sweatshirt [ˈswetʃɜːrt] n. 运动衫;T-恤衫
02
Next issue