
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 241
01
Medical Story Show
(6-18)
Is that Dr. Jeffrey Walters? Hi.
是杰夫瑞· 沃特斯医生吗 你好
My name is Greg House. I'm a doctor
我是格利高里· 豪斯 我是一名医生
Oh, is that the time? I'mYeah. I'm sorry.
噢 那么晚了啊 啊 抱歉
My watch must have stopped.
我的表肯定是停了
Uh, listen, you treated a patient about 18 months ago
听着 18 个月 前你接待过一位病人
a woman named Lucille Palmero.
一位叫露西娅· 帕玛洛的女士
I wondered if you recalled running any tests... at all.
我想问你是否还记得在她身上做过什么 测试
Oh, how terribly foolish of me, Doctor. Is it that late?
我真笨 医生 抱歉 已经那么晚了吗[伦敦腔]
Yes, I'm calling from London, you see?
是的 我是从伦敦打给你的
Must have got my times mixed up
我肯定没弄清楚时差
I have a headache. It's my only symptom.
我头痛 这是我唯一的症状
I go to see three doctors.
我去看了三个医生
The neurologist tells me it's an aneurysm.
神经科医生告诉我是动脉瘤
The immunologist says I've got hay fever.
免疫学医生告诉我是花粉症
The intensivist can't be bothered.
重症监护医师根本就没做诊断
Sends me to a shrink
就直接把我送到精神科了
who tells me that I'm punishing myself
精神科医生说我这是在自我惩罚
'cause I want to sleep with my mommy.
因为我想和自己的母亲通奸
Maybe you're just not getting enough sleep?
可能你只是没睡够
Pick your specialist, you pick your disease.
你的专长决定了你的判断
If it's not schizophrenia
如果不是精神分裂
what else presents with psych symptoms?
还有什么病有心理疾病的症状呢
Porphyria. The Madness of King George.
卟啉病 乔治国王的躁狂症
What about that copper thing?
是不是铜的问题呢
What's it called? It's genetic.
什么名字来着 遗传性的
The body accumulates too much copper.
体内聚积过多的铜
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. recall [rɪˈkɔːl] v. 记起,回想起2. aneurysm [ˈænjərɪzəm] n. [内科]动脉瘤3. hay fever [耳鼻喉] 枯草热;花粉病4. intensivist 特护医生5. porphyria [pɔːrˈfɪriə] n. [医] 卟啉症;[医] 紫质症6. copper [ˈkɑːpər] n. 铜;铜钱,铜币
02
Next issue