当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 242]

发布时间:2022-10-14浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 242

01

Medical Story Show

(6-19)

Oh, um, uh, Wilson's Disease?

噢 威尔逊氏病[剥脱性皮炎]

Yeah. Very rare.

没错 很罕见

Nice. I like it.

不错 我喜欢

If any of us did this, you'd fire us.

如果我们做此诊断的话 你会解雇我们的

Well, that's funny.

真搞笑

I thought I encouraged you to question.

我还以为我鼓励你们发问了呢

You're not questioning.

你不是在询问

You're hoping. You want it to be Wilson's.

你在期待 你希望是威尔逊病

Boom. Give her a couple of drugs, she's okay.

然后给她几片药 吃完就好了

July 17. An appointment with a Dr. Karn.

6 月 17 日 和卡恩医生有约

She didn't keep it. She never kept another appointment

她没有去 从那以后她从来没有去过

with a shrink he made after that.

他儿子为她预约的精神科医生那里

Karn is not a shrink. I looked him up.

卡恩不是精神科医生 我查过了

He's an ophthalmologist.

他是眼科医生

Now why would she want her eyes checked?

为什么她想去检查她的眼睛呢

Wilson's presents with cataracts, I think.

威尔逊病会导致白内障吗

Yes, it does.

是的 没错

It also causes slight cirrhosis

同样引起轻微肝硬化

which Dr. Chase so eagerly attributed to alcohol.

所以奇斯医生认为是和酒精有关

So what are we still doing here?

我们还在这里干嘛呢

Lucy.!

露西

I don't think you're crazy.

我认为你没有疯

Neither do I.

同感

But I'm crazy. Come on. Lean over here.

但我确实疯了 过来 转过来

Come on.

来吧

That's it.

就这样

Put your hands on the bar here and your chin in here.

把手放到台面上 下巴放这里

Thank you.

谢谢合作

You're gonna see a bright light, okay?

你会看到一道亮光

Your body might be accumulating too much copper.

你的体内可能积聚了过多的铜

If it is, this should help us see something

如果真是如此 我们将会看到

called KeyserFleischer rings

名叫凯泽弗莱舍环的东西

coppercolored circles around your corneas.

在角膜周围的铜色环体

I guess we should start treating her for Wilson's.

我想我们应该开始治疗她的威尔逊病了

That's what I'd do.

正是我想做的

"I will talk no more of books or the long war

我不愿再谈论书籍或长久的战事

"But walk by the dry thorn

而愿在干枯的荆棘旁漫步

until I have found some beggar sheltering from the wind

直到我发现某个避风的乞丐

"And there manage the talk until her name come round.

努力攀谈 想知晓她的芳名

If there be rags enough

如有足够多的破衣

he will know her name and be well pleased remembering it"

他将知道她的名字 并将其深深刻在脑海

"For in the old days

因为在往昔

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1. cataracts [ˈkætəˌrækts] n. (眼科)白内障2. cirrhosis [səˈroʊsɪs] n. 硬化;[内科] 肝硬化3. attributed to 归因于;被认为是……所为4. cornea [ˈkɔːrniə] n. [解剖]角膜5. thorn [θɔːrn] n. (植物茎上的)刺;带刺的灌木,荆棘6. rag [ræɡ] n. 抹布,破布;破衣烂衫(rags)

02

Next issue