
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 243
01
Medical Story Show
(6-20)
though she had young men's praise and old men's blame
尽管她被年轻人赞美 被老年人责骂
among the poor, both old and young gave her praise."
但穷人不管老少都给她赞美
Hi, Mrs. Palmero. Ready to go home?
你好 帕玛洛女士 准备好回家了吗
Almost.
快了
Mom?
妈妈
How are you?
你还好吗
I'm good.
我很好
Oh, you really need a haircut.
你真该剪头发了
Dr. House.
豪斯医生
Luke, we're making Dr. House wait.
卢克 别让豪斯医生等着
That's okay. We're just here for the music.
没事 我们只是来听音乐而已
Luke, come on.
卢克 快点
I'm being discharged. I heard a rumor.
我准备出院了 我听说了
Thank God I had cancer, huh?
感谢上帝让我得了癌症 不是吗
It's terrible having everybody think you're nuts.
当每个人都认为你是疯子时真可怕
Really?
是吗
I called to thank you. Did you get my message? Yes.
我打电话致谢了 你收到了吗 收到了
You're welcome.
不用谢
I'm never thanking you. You turned me in.
我永远都不会感谢你的 你告发了我
I told you we were doing okay.
我告诉过你我们没事
It was none of your business.
这不关你的事
Look, I don't care how you were living.
听着 我才不管你活得怎样
I just wanted you out of my life.
我只是想你从我生活里消失
That's why I had Dr. Cuddy call Social Services.
这就是我叫卡迪医生致电社工的原因
You okay?
你还好吧
You were right.
你是对的
It wasn't the D.V.T. It was the schizophrenia.
不是深度静脉血栓 是精神分裂
I know.
我知道
She's not nearly as interesting anymore.
我只是觉得她没那么有趣了
Isn't it your birthday around now?
你的生日快到了是吗
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. haircut [ˈherkʌt] n. 理发;发型
2. rumor [ˈruːmər] n. 谣言;传闻
3. nut [nʌt] n.< 非正式>疯子,怪人
4. turned sb in 自首、告发某人
02
Next issue