
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 226
01
Medical Story Show
(6-3)
Did I ask you how old she was? I forget.
我刚刚是不是问你她多大年纪了 我忘了
A 38-year-old woman with
一个 38 岁的女人
no previous symptoms or history presents with deep vein thrombosis.
此前没有深度静脉血栓的症状或病史
How did she get it?
她是怎么突然患上此病的
Oral contraceptives, smoking, diabetes, obesity.
口服避孕药 吸烟 糖尿病 肥胖
What's the point here?
这问题有意义吗
A D.V.T. Is a D.V.T.
深度静脉血栓已经形成了
put her on I.V. Hparin to prevent future clots.
给他静脉注射以免再形成血栓
What's the big mystery?
有什么重大隐情吗
Fine. You're all sleepy. You need a clue.
好吧 你们都昏昏欲睡 你们需要点提示
She's 38 years old.
她 38 岁
She's 20 years too young to get a deep vein thrombosis.
深度静脉血栓症的通常发病年纪比这晚 20 年呢
I treated a 12-year-old girl once
我曾治过一个 12 岁得这病的女孩
a soccer player. She got kicked in the leg.
足球运动员 她的腿被踢了
There was no trauma. None of the risk factors.
她没有外伤 没有这些外在因素
You took a history?
你看过病史吗
I have some notes.
我有些记录
They're not mine, but reliable, I think
不是我记录的 不过可信度很高
for the purposes of this discussion.
对我们的讨论非常有益
As for the immobility, well,she's real active right now
至于说她缺乏活动 她现在非常狂躁
of course.Paranoia keeps her limber.
当然了 妄想症让她变得极端敏感
Paranoia? Oh, yeah. She's schizophrenic.
妄想症哦 对 她有精神分裂症
And her kid wrote this, so it might be a little biased.
这是她儿子写的 所以可能有失偏颇
You know, having to take care of his nutso mom and all.
整天得照顾一个疯癫的母亲 所有事都得亲力亲为
You think there's a connection?
你们觉得这些有关联吗
Do we include schizophrenia
在对深度静脉血栓的诊断中
in the differential for DVT?
我们考虑到精神分裂症了吗
The answer is no.
答案是否定的
Abnormal dopaminergic pathways in the brain do not cause blood clots.
脑部多巴胺作用异常不会造成血栓
Schizophrenia is not the cause of D.V.T.
精神分裂症不是引起深度静脉血栓的原因
On the other hand
另一方面
we don't really know anything about schizophrenia
我们对精神分裂症所知甚少
so maybe it is connected.
所以这二者仍有可能是关联的
Well, schizophrenia explains one mystery
精神分裂症倒是可以解释一个困惑
why you're so fascinated by a woman with a bump in her leg
你为何对一个腿部有肿块的女人这么感兴趣
It's like Picasso deciding to whitewash a fence.
就像毕加索决定用石灰水粉刷围墙一样不可思议
Thanks. I'm more of a Leroy Neiman man.
谢谢 其实我更像雷若伊· 尼曼[美国名画家]
And it is only about the D.V.T.
这只关乎深度静脉血栓的问题
She's 38 years old. She shouldn't
她 38 岁 她不应该...
Right, solve this one, and you're on your way to Stockholm
好吧 把这个搞定了 你就可以去斯德哥尔摩了
We don't even know how to treat it.
我们还不知道怎么治她的病
Come on. Fumigation of the vagina?
难道要用阴道熏蒸吗
A little louder. I don't think everyone heard you.
你再大点声吧 我想还有人没听见
Two thousand years ago
二千年前
that's how Galen treated schizophrenics.
加伦就是用这种方法治疗精神分裂症的 [希腊解剖学家 内科医生 作家]
The Marcus Welby of ancient Greece.
他就是古希腊的马库斯· 韦耳伯 [电视剧中描绘的神医]
Oh, clearly you're not interested. Oh, I'm interested.
很明显你不感兴趣 不 我很感兴趣
I'm interested in how voices in the head
我想知道子宫内胎位不正
could be caused by malposition of the uterus.
怎么会导致幻听
There's a better place for it?
还有更好的解释吗
Now, what do we got?
我们现在有什么治疗手段
We've got lobotomies
我们能做脑叶切除手术
rubber rooms, electric shocks.
我们有软壁病房 电击治疗
My, Galen was so primitive. Where are you going?
加仑的方法太原始了 你要去哪儿
Going to see the patient.
去看病人
That all-important human connection.
至关重要的人际交流
Thought I'd give it a whirl.
我觉得我该尝试一下
You won't talk to patients because they lie
你不愿意跟别人交谈 因为你觉得他们谎话连篇
but give you a patient with no concept of reality
但现在这个病人整天生活在幻觉中
If it wasn't for Socrates, that raving
如果苏格拉底当年没有胡言乱语一翻
untreated schizophrenic
若不是他那无药可救的精神分裂
we wouldn't have the Socratic method
我们今天就不会有苏格拉底对话法
the best way of teaching everything
这是教学的最佳方式
apart from juggling chain saws.
当然 电锯实验教学法也不错
Without Isaac Newton, we'd be floating on the ceiling.
要是没有牛顿 我们可能还飘在天花板上
Dodging chain saws, no doubt.
躲避电锯 当然了
And that guitar player in that English band. He was great.
那个英国乐队的吉他手 他很棒
You think I'm interested because of the schizophrenia.
你觉得我对这病例感兴趣是因为她患有精神分裂
Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
是的 我很确定
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1.oral contraceptives [药] 口服避孕药2.trauma [ˈtrɔːmə] n精神创伤,心理创伤;损伤,外伤3.paranoia [ˌpærəˈnɔɪə] n. 无端恐惧,多疑;妄想症,偏执狂4.limber [ˈlɪmbər] adj. 柔软的;敏捷的5. dopaminergic [ˌdopəməˈnərrdʒɪk] adj. 多巴胺能的6.malposition [ˌmælpəˈzɪʃən] n. 位置不正;胎位不正7.uterus [ˈjuːtərəs] n. [解剖] 子宫8. lobotomy [ləˈbɑːtəmi] n. 叶切断术;前脑叶白质切除术9.primitive [ˈprɪmətɪv] adj. 原始的,远古的10.chain saws 电锯11.dodge [dɑːdʒ] v.闪避;躲开;避开
02
Next issue