
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 227
01
Medical Story Show
(6-4)
Galen was pretty sure about the fumigation thing.
加仑对熏蒸疗法也很确定
Pink Floyd.
平克· 弗洛依德[英国摇滚乐团]
Mom, this is Dr. Gr Gregory House.
妈妈 这位是 豪斯医生
Nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你
Would it be all right if we spoke alone for a while?
我们单独谈谈好吗
Well, you're gonna need me to
你需要我...
I've got your case notes, Doctor.
我这有你写的记录 医生
There's a cafeteria downstairs.
楼下有个咖啡厅
Get yourself whatever you want
去买些自己喜欢喝的东西
as long as there's enough left over for a Reuben sandwich
不过留点钱给我买个鲁宾三明治
dry, no fries, hold the pickles.
不要油炸的 不要泡菜
Should run you about 5.80 with tax.
含税大概要$5.80
I'll page you when we're done.
谈完了我会传呼你的
No...
不要...
pickles.
泡菜
Nice kid.
真是个好孩子
How much do you really drink?
你到底喝了多少酒
He's really talking to a patient?
他真的在跟病人谈话吗
I don't know who I am anymore.
我都不知道我是谁了
It's a blood clot. What's so fascinating about that?
只是个血栓 为什么他这么感兴趣
He likes crazy people. He likes the way they think.
他喜欢疯狂的人 他喜欢他们的思维方式
They think badly. That's the definition of crazy.
他们思维不正常 这就是疯狂的定义
Why would he like They're not boring.
他为什么会喜欢这个 他们不会让人感到无聊
He likes that.
他喜欢那样
And the meds?
药物呢
Baseball. I like baseball.
棒球 我喜欢棒球
Very nice. Very sad.
很好 很不好
My boy and me, we went to see a game.
我和我儿子 我们去看比赛
Not "Mets." Meds. Medicine.
我不是说球赛 我是说药物[Mets 球队名]
You take what he tells you to take.
他让你吃什么 你就吃什么
No one believes me.
没人相信我
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. fumigation [ˌfjuːmɪˈɡeɪʃn] n. 烟熏法;熏烟消毒法2. pickle [ˈpɪkl] n. 泡菜,腌菜3. page [peɪdʒ] v. (在公共场所)用扩音器呼叫(某人或发布信息);用寻呼机呼叫(某人)4. blood clot 血凝块,血块5. med [med] n. 药,药物
02
Next issue