当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 225]

发布时间:2022-09-23浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 225

01

Medical Story Show

(6-2)

Thirty-eight-year-old Caucasian woman.

38 岁白种女人

Post-respiratory arrest in the field.

病发当场呼吸暂停

Intubated, oxygenating poorly.

已插管 供氧不足

Dr. Gregory House, please call Dr. Cuddy at extension 3731.

豪斯医生 请回复卡迪医生 分机 3731 号

This is a good hospital?

这是家好医院吗

Depends what you mean by "Good."

那要看你心中"好"的标准是什么了

I like these chairs.

我很喜欢这儿的椅子

How is she? Stable. Okay.

她怎么样了 稳定下来了

Your Mom had a small pulmonary embolism

你妈妈出现了肺栓塞的症状

a blood clot that got stuck in her lungs

一个血块堵塞了她的肺部

blocked the oxygen.

阻断了氧气输送

But the pain started in her leg.

但疼痛最初是从腿部开始的  

Where the clot started her calf.

正是血块造成了她小腿的疼痛

It's called a deep vein thrombosis.

这称作深度静脉血栓症

Basically, a bigger clot.

说简单点 就是一个比较大的血栓

It never hurt there before.

她的腿从来没这样疼过

I would have noticed.

否则我应该会注意到的

A piece of that broke off, went up the vein

一小块血栓脱落 进入静脉

through her heart and blocked the blood flow to her lungs.

穿过心脏 阻塞了流向肺部的血液

No blood flow, no oxygen.

血液不流通也就没有氧气交换

Okay.

知道了

Is your Dad here?

你爸爸在这吗

I have some things I need to talk to him about.

我要跟他谈些事情

Uh, my Dad's running a little late.

我爸爸可能误了时间

He's dead. Just talk to me.

他去世了 跟我说就可以了

I take care of her.

她的生活都由我照料

All right.

那好吧

Your mom's blood alcohol was.12...

你妈妈血液中的酒精含量是 12

10:30 in the morning.

这才早上十点半呢

I gave it to her.

是我给她喝的

Two ounces of vodka. It cools her out.

两盎司伏特加 为了让她平静下来

But that's the first since Monday.

但自从星期一开始就喝了这一次

That was three days ago.

而且已经过去三天了

I've been real careful.

我已经很小心了

She hears voices

她可以听见奇怪的声音

She's schizophrenic. That explains the D.V.T.

她有精神分裂症 深度静脉血栓也与此有关

The alcohol makes her pass out.

酒精让她失去知觉

She's immobile for long periods of time.

她的身体长时间不活动

That doesn't happen.She's not an alcoholic.

不会的 她并不酗酒

She only drinks when you give it to her?

除了你给她的酒 她难道不会自己找酒喝吗

We put her on blood thinners.

我们给她做了血液稀释

You can probably take her home tomorrow.

大概明天你就可以带她回家了

It's not the alcohol. It's gotta be something else.

一定不是酒精的原因 肯定有其他病因

Of course it's the alcohol.

当然是酒精的原因

Hello!

你好啊

This guy's a professional doctor.

这家伙是个专业的医生

Plays golf and everything, I bet.

会打高尔夫 绝对是个运动高手

He's not gonna tell you

他要是没有证据

your mom's an alcoholic without proof

就绝不会说你妈妈是个酒鬼

I'm sure he scoped for varices

我相信他仔细观察了静脉曲张

checked her esophagus, ran all kinds of blood tests.

检查了她的食道 做了所有的血液检查

Doctors like this, they don't make assumptions.

这样的医生不会乱猜的

They do the work.

他们会尽心尽职地工作

I'd be happy to refer you the case, Dr. House.

很高兴就这个病例向您讨教 豪斯医生

You seem so interested.

看上去你非常感兴趣

What case? It's over. You're sending her home.

什么病例 已经结束了 把她送回家就行了

How old is she?

她多大年纪

You're a doctor?

你也是个医生吗

Own my own stethoscope.

我自成一派

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1. Caucasian [kɔːˈkeɪʒn] adj. 白种人的;高加索的;n. 白种人;高加索人2. extension [ɪkˈstenʃn]n. (电话)分机3. pulmonary embolism 肺栓塞;肺血管阻塞症4. clot [klɑːt] n. 凝块,黏团(尤指血块);(非正式)笨蛋,傻瓜5. get stuck in 陷入了……;加紧进行;全神贯注吃饭或工作6. calf [kæf] n. 小牛,牛犊; 小腿肚7. vein thrombosis 静脉血栓8. pass out 昏倒,失去知觉;分发9. immobile [ɪˈmoʊb(ə)l] adj. 固定的;稳定的;不变的10. blood thinner 血液稀释剂

02

Next issue