
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 219
01
Medical Story Show
(5-17)
Breathing stabilized.
呼吸稳定
It's a clean room.
这是隔离间
How do you get an allergic reaction in a clean room?
在隔离间里怎么能过敏呢
Maybe it was the preservatives in the IV.
可能是因为 IV 的防腐剂
Checked that.
查查看
Latex tubing? Checked that.
乳胶管呢 也查一查
Checked everything.
每样东西都查一查
Well, it could be mast cell leukemia.
也可能是肥大细胞白血病
It can cause anaphylaxis.
也可以引起过敏
We checked the blood levels.
我们验过血了
And it's not eosinophilia or idiopathic anaphylaxis.
不是嗜曙红细胞过多也不是特发性过敏症
Maybe it's just divine will.
可能是主的意愿
It's not my will.
但非我的意愿
You do realize
你应该知道
if you're wrong... about the big picture, that is...
如果你对全局的看法是错误的话
you're going to burn, right?
你会发火的 是吗
What do you want me to do? Just accept it, pack it in?
那你想我怎么样 接受它 放弃它
Yeah, I want you to accept
没错 我想要你接受
that sometimes patients die against all reason.
有些病人会毫无原因地死亡
And sometimes they get better against all reason.
有时候也会突然之间好转
No, they don't. We just don't know the reason.
这不可能的 只是我们不知道原因而已
I think the nuns would agree with you on that.
我认为修女们会同意你的观点的
I just wanted to say that
我只是想告诉你
I know you did everything you could.
你已经尽力了
I don't need verification from you to know that I'm doing my job well.
我不需要由来你认同我的工作
That's your problem, not mine.
那是你的问题 不是我的
I was just being nice.
我只是好心
Yeah, well, you don't need to always do that.
好吧 你不用总是这么做的
Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Sister Augustine's been extubated.
奥古斯丁修女已经能正常呼吸了
Good.
很好
She's requested to check out against medical advice.
她不听劝阻执意要出院
She wants to go back to the monastery.
她想回修道院
Well, talk her out of it.
好吧 叫她走吧
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1.preservatives [prɪ'zɜ:rvətɪv] n. 防腐剂,保护剂2.latex ['leɪteks] n. 乳胶;乳液3.leukemia [lu:'ki:miə] n. [内科][肿瘤] 白血病4.mast cell leukemia 肥大细胞白血病5.eosinophilia [,iə,sɪnə'fɪlɪə] n. (医学)嗜酸性粒细胞增多症6.idiopathic [,ɪdɪə'pæθɪk]adj. 先天的;自发的,特发的7. pack it in 停止;放弃8.verification [,verɪfɪ'keɪʃn] n. 证实,证明,核实9.extubate ['ekstju:,beɪt] v. 从……去掉管子
02
Next issue