
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 220
01
Medical Story Show
(5-18)
I think I may have talked her into it.
我认为我不应该同意她走
Room's paid up for the rest of the week.
本周的住院费都交过了
Might as well stick around.
最好还是多住几天吧
This illness is a test of my faith.
这个病是对我信仰的考验
If it's his will to take me
如果上帝想我死
it doesn't matter where I am.
那我在哪里死都一样的
I can accept that.
我能欣然接受的
Does anybody believe anything you say?
有人会相信你说的东西吗
You're not accepting.
你不是在欣然接受
You're running away.
你是在逃避
Just like you always do.
你一直都这么干
You ran away from the monastery to get laid.
你为了过平常人的生活从修道院里跑出去
You ran away from the real world
你觉得平常人的生活没意思了
when getting laid didn't work out so good.
又跑回修道院里去了
Now things aren't working out again, so off you go.
今时不同往日 别逃避了
Why is it so difficult for you to believe in God?
为什么让你信奉上帝那么难呢
What I have difficulty with
困难的原因
is the whole concept of belief.
是因为自信
Faith isn't based on logic and experience.
信仰不是基于逻辑和经验的
I experience God on a daily basis.
我每天都能感觉到上帝的存在
And the miracle of life all around.
还有身边生命的奇迹
The miracle of birth.
新生命的奇迹
The miracle of love.
爱情的奇迹
He is always with me.
上帝与我常在
Where is the miracle in delivering a crack-addicted baby?
对于先天不足的婴儿来说 奇迹在哪呢
And watching her mother abandon her
她的母亲放弃了她
'cause she needs another score.
因为她的妈妈想要正常的孩子
Miracle of love.
爱的奇迹
You are over twice as likely to be killed
被所爱的人杀的机率大大超过
by the person you love than by a stranger.
被陌生人杀的机率
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. stick around 逗留;在附近徘徊2. faith [feɪθ] n. 宗教信仰3. on a daily basis 每天;每天都
02
Next issue