
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 221
01
Medical Story Show
(5-19)
Are you trying to talk me out of my faith?
你是想叫我放弃信仰吗
You can have all the faith you want
死后 你的灵魂里
in spirits and the afterlife.
你爱信什么信什么
And heaven and hell.
还有天堂和地狱里
But when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot.
但当你还在这个世界的时候 别傻了
'Cause you can tell me that you
你当然可以和我说
put your faith in God to get you through the day.
你是靠对上帝的信仰过活
But when it comes time to cross the road
但当你过马路的时候
I know you look both ways.
你还是会看看有没有车
I don't believe he is inside me and is going to save me.
我不相信他会搭救我
I believe He is inside me whether I live or die.
我相信不管我生或死他都与我同在
Then you might as well live.
那你最好还是活着
You got a better shot betting on me than on Him.
押我比押上帝更容易赢
When I was 15
在我 15 岁的时候
I was on every kind of birth control known to man.
我采取了所有我知道的避孕方法
And I still got pregnant.
但我还是怀孕了
I blamed God.
我恨上帝
I hated Him for ruining my life.
恨他毁了我的生活
But then I realized something.
但我意识到
You can't be angry with God and not believe in Him at the same time.
你不能对上帝生气的同时也信奉着上帝
No one can.
没人可以
Not even you, Dr. House.
你也不例外 豪斯医生
How'd it go?
怎样了
She has God inside her.
她虔诚地信奉着上帝
Would've been easier to deal with a tumor.
一定对肿瘤治疗很有帮助
Maybe she's allergic to God.
可能她对上帝过敏
We've looked everywhere for an allergen that could be causing this reaction
我们检查过她所有能引起她过敏的地方
except one place.
除了一个地方
Inside her.
体内
On her medical history, she didn't mention any surgery.
病史里她没有做过手术啊
She had one.
有过一次
Can we get her records?
我们能拿到记录吗
What hospital was it at?
是在什么医院做的手术
She didn't have it at a hospital.
她没有在医院里做手术
Order a full body scan.
给她做个全身检查
What if she refuses?
她要是拒绝怎么办
Tell her I'm looking for a miracle.
告诉她我在寻找奇迹
No piercings. No fillings.
没有穿孔 也没有填充物
No surgical pins in the arm.
手臂里也没有外科手术针
No implants. It's clean as a whistle.
没有植入物 相当干净了
What's House looking for?
豪斯到底在找什么
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. birth control 生育控制;避孕;[医] 节育2. blamed [bleɪmd] adj. 混蛋的,该死的;v. 谴责3. No piercings.No fillings. 没有穿孔 也没有填充物4. clean as a whistle 非常干净
02
Next issue