当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 207]

发布时间:2022-09-23浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 207

01

Medical Story Show

(5-5)

Do you consider it the work of the Devil

你们觉得它是魔鬼的产物

or do you just not get cable where you live?

还是住处没有安装有线呢

How are you feeling, Sister?

感觉好些了吗 修女

I seem to be a little better. They gave me some medication.

吃过药 觉得好点了

Prednisone. It's a steroid to help with the inflammation.

强的松 类固醇类药物可以消除炎症反应

Has Dr. House figured out what I have?

豪斯医生诊断出我的病症了吗

Will I be okay?

会好吗

We're not sure what's wrong yet.

我们还不能确诊

You'll have a chest CT scan this afternoon

今天下午 安排了胸部断层扫描

that'll help the diagnosis.

来帮助我们诊断

Dr. House was giving her medication

药都用了

and he doesn't know what she has yet?

豪斯医生却还没搞清是什么病吗

Trust, Sister Pious. It all happens for a reason.

要相信 派尔斯修女 一切皆有因果

He doesn't know what he's doing.

他不清楚自己在做什么

The only problem that woman has is

唯一的问题

that House grabbed the wrong syringe.

就是豪斯拿错了注射器

You don't trust him?

你不相信他吗

I don't trust a man who won't admit he might be wrong.

我不信任一个不承认自己会犯错的人

I notice you weren't so quick to tell her

你不是也没急着告诉她可能

she's got Churg Strauss

患有变应性肉芽肿性血管炎

and only has a couple of years to live.

没几年好活了

I don't tell patients bad news unless it's conclusive.

确诊前我不会告诉病人坏消息

Because you know he might be wrong.

因为你知道他可能错了

About Churg Strauss

变应性肉芽肿性血管炎有待商榷

not about what happened in the clinic.

门诊上应该没出什么错

What about you, Chase?

奇斯 你怎么想

You think he's infallible too?

也觉得他不会犯错吗

All I know is, if House didn't make a mistake

我知道的是 要是豪斯没错

and Sister Augustine has Churg Strauss

奥古斯丁修女患变应性肉芽肿性血管炎

he'll be selfsatisfied

他会沾沾自喜

and our lives will be good for a few weeks.

而我们能过上几周好日子

If House did make a mistake

要是豪斯错了

he'll be upset and our lives will be miserable for months.

他会不爽 我们就要倒霉几个月

There is that.

说到点子上了

If Cuddy thinks I made a mistake

卡迪要是觉得是我的过失

the least she could do is suspend me from clinic duty.

至少也应该停掉我门诊的工作

She doesn't confuse making a mistake with being incompetent.

她不会混淆犯错和失职

Oh, here we go. Lesson time.

又来了 说教时间

I recognize that confidence is not my short suit.

我认为自信不是我的缺点

I also recognize that I am human and capable of error.

我还认为我是凡人 可能犯错

So you might've screwed this up?

那么 是你搞砸了

No.

不是

So it's merely a theoretical capacity for error.

那么这仅仅是理论上的可能

Good point.

说得好

Maybe there isn't one. Maybe that's my error.

或许没有错误 或许是我的错误

You know, most people

要知道 多数和你一样

who think as much of themselves as you do

只考虑自己的人

like to talk about themselves.

喜欢谈论自己

Most people don't like to listen.

多数人 不爱听

So what's wrong with you?

你哪儿不舒服

Let me guess.

让我猜猜

Inflammatory bowel.

肠炎

Wow, yeah. Is it that bad?

是 味道那么重吗

Yes.

确实

It's also written on your chart.

病历上也这么说

Bloody diarrhea, gas, pain.

血性腹泻 胀气 疼痛

Took sulfasalazine, but it didn't work.

磺胺类 无效

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.cable ['keɪbl]n.有线电视2.conclusive [kən'klu:sɪv] adj. 结论性的,毫无疑问的3.infallible [ɪn'fæləbl] adj. 绝对可靠的;绝无错误的4.incompetent [ɪn'kɑ:mpɪtənt] adj. 无能力的,不称职的5.inflammatory bowel 肠道发炎

02

Next issue