当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 208]

发布时间:2022-09-23浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 208

01

Medical Story Show

(5-6)

Next tried steroid enemas

接着试了类固醇灌肠剂

oral corticosteroids, 5ASA, 6-mercaptopurine.

口服皮质类固醇 乙酰水杨酸 6 巯基嘌呤

I'm impressed. By my medical history?

我给镇住了 被我的用药史吗

By how well your last doctor charted.

被上一个医生的完美病历

It's one thing to have to go to the bathroom every hour

每个小时去趟洗手间并不是大问题

but when the kids sit on my lap, it's...

但要是有小孩坐在腿上 这...

The store sent me home. They're gonna fire me.

商店会让我回家 他们会炒了我的

Can't you put me back on 5ASA?

不能给我开点儿乙酰水杨酸吗

Maybe it'll work this time.

指不定有用

Not likely. I'm giving you a prescription.

不太可能 我给你个处方

It's cheap, which is good

价廉 物美

'cause your insurance company won't pay for it.

因为保险公司不为这药买单

Cogaritis? Cigarettes.

香姻 对 香烟

One twice a day. No more, no less.

一天两次 一次一支

Studies have shown that cigarette smoking is

研究表明吸烟

one of the most effective ways

是控制肠炎

to control inflammatory bowel.

最有效的方法之一

Plus it's been well-established

而且吸烟

that you'll look 30% cooler.

能让你看上去更酷

Are you kidding me?

你是在开玩笑吗

About the looking cooler? Yeah.

吸烟让你更酷吗 是的

The rest is true.

剩下的倒是实话

Isn't it addictive and dangerous?

不过吸烟不是会上瘾而且有害吗

Pretty much all the drugs I prescribe

我开的药几乎

are addictive and dangerous

都是易上瘾且有害的

The only difference with this one

唯一的区别是

is it's completely legal.

吸烟是完全合法的

Merry Christmas.

圣诞快乐

I was talking to the nurse.

我前面在和护士聊天

Arsenio. Do you know him?

埃森尼奥 你认识他吗

Not really. He can take pictures with his phone.

不认识 他的手机可以拍照

Cool.

真厉害

That woman from the lab was interesting too.

实验室里那个女的也很有趣

She studied astrophysics before becoming a nurse.

她在成为护士之前学的是天体物理学

You know this stuff better than I do.

你知道的比我都多

Well, I love to hear all about people.

我喜欢去了解他人

You live in a monastery.

你住在修道院里

It's where I serve our Lord and the world best.

那是我为我们的主和社会服务的地方

Our Lord, maybe.

我们的主 也许吧

The rest of the world, on the other hand

不过其他人也许觉得

would probably get more out of feeding the homeless or...

扶贫济困更有意义 或是...

Healing the sick?

或是治病救人吗

As an example, yeah. Did you always want to be a doctor?

的确是个例子 你从小就想做医生吗

Always.

是的 从小

You always want to be a nun

你从小就想成为修女吗

My parents died when I was six.

我六岁的时候父母就死了

I was raised in a foster home run by the Church.

我是被教堂开的收养所养大的

When I was 18, I went to the monastery

十八岁的时候 我去了修道院

where they let me take my vows.

并且做了宣誓

I've known no other life, and I haven't wanted to.

我没有别的的生活 也从不想要

Okay, Sister, we need you to lie as still as possible.

好的 修女 希望你躺着不要乱动

If you get scared, just let us know.

如果害怕 可以告诉我们

As Jonah said from inside the whale

正如约拿于鲸鱼腹中所言

"When I lost all hope, I turned my thoughts to the Lord."

"穷尽生之希望 唯主存于我心"

She's got God on her side.

上帝与她同在

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.enema ['enəmə] n.灌肠剂;(尤指手术前的)灌肠2.well-established [,wel ɪ'stæblɪʃt] adj. 得到确认的;固定下来的;历史悠久且享有盛誉的;确立已久的3.astrophysics [,æstroʊ'fɪzɪks] n. 天体物理学

02

Next issue