当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 211]

发布时间:2022-09-23浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 211

01

Medical Story Show

(5-9)

The pressure will force the oxygen into your system

压力会使氧气进入你身体

and saturate your blood.

使血液饱和

It will enhance white cell activity

这会增强白细胞活力

reduce the inflammation.

减轻炎症

And that will help with

这能治疗

this mixed connective tissue disease?

混合性结缔组织病吗

We'll be doing about 10 treatments

我们会做 10 次治疗

and then we'll reevaluate.

然后重新评估

The last treatment with Prednisone caused the seizures, right?

是强的松导致了抽搐 是吗

How confident is Dr. House about this?

豪斯医生有多大把握呢

That you reacted so strongly to the Prednisone let

你对强的松的过激反应

us know that you had an underlying problem

说明你的免疫系统

with your immune system.

存在潜在问题

Then I guess it was a blessing.

我想这勉强算是

Of sorts.

上帝的赐福

So who's your favorite reindeer, Nurse Arnold?

你最喜欢哪只圣诞驯鹿 阿诺德护士

Rudolph. I would have thought it was Vixen.

鲁道夫 我总觉得你会选维克森

What are you implying? Nothing.

你在暗示什么吗 没有

But I saw you at the Christmas party with Dr.Miles

但我在圣诞派对上看到你和迈尔斯医生

and Dr. Jargons and Nurse Crandall.

贾根斯医生 克瑞安多护士在一起

I was just doing some Christmas dancing.

我只是在跳舞

This is a chapel.

这里是礼拜堂

A house of prayer.

是用来祈祷的

A house of prayer. Huh.

用来祈祷的 嗯

Well, that explains the good reception.

难怪这里信号好

Also why nobody's ever here.

并且没人

I need to talk with you, Dr. House.

我需要和你谈谈 豪斯医生

Sister Augustine believes in things that aren't real.

奥古斯汀修女相信一些不真实的东西

I thought that was a job requirement for you people.

我以为这是做修女工作必备的素质

She's been known to lie to get sympathy.

别人都知道她以说谎博得同情

She's a hypochondriac.

她有忧郁症

So you're warning me that

你是在提醒我

I may be treating a nonexistent ailment.

我在治疗根本不存在的疾病

Sore throats, joint pains.

喉咙痛 关节痛

There's always something wrong.

她总有些地方不舒服

And there's never a reason for it.

但从没原因

Mother Superior plays right into it.

修道院院长居然也相信她

Lets Augustine off work duties.

免去她的工作义务

Treating her as...fragile. Special.

认为她脆弱 给与特别对待

That must make you angry.

你一定觉得气愤吧

It bothers me.

确实让我不快

It's not really in Augustine's best interest.

但其实这也对奥古斯汀不好

Want some?

要一块吗

I shouldn't.

我不应该拿

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1. saturate [ˈsætʃəreɪt]v. 使饱和2. seizures [ˈsiʒər] n. 癫痫,痉挛3. reindeer [ˈreɪndɪr] n. 驯鹿4.hypochondriac [,haɪpə'kɑ:ndriæk] n. 疑病症5. ailment [ˈeɪlmənt] n. 疾病,小病;不安

02

Next issue