当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 212]

发布时间:2022-09-23浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 212

01

Medical Story Show

(5-10)

I guess you gotta be good at

我猜你作为修女看护

reading people to be a good infirmarian, huh?

一定擅长看穿人心 对吗

So we got pride, anger, envy, gluttony.

你之前表现出骄傲 愤怒 嫉妒 贪吃

That four out of seven deadly sins in under two minutes.

你在两分钟之内犯了七宗罪中的四宗

Do you people keep records of these things?

你们在破规矩上比赛破纪录吗

Is there a Cath-lympics?

难道有天主教奥运会吗

They say you have a gift. They like to talk.

他们说你是天才 他们真喜欢瞎聊

You hide behind your intelligence.

你总把你的智慧藏起来

Yeah, that's pretty stupid.

对 多愚蠢啊

And you make jokes because

你总嬉皮笑脸是因为

you're afraid to take anything seriously.

你害怕对待事情太认真

Because if you take things seriously, they matter.

如果太认真 它们对你便意味着什么

And if they matter...

如果意味着什么

Then when things go wrong, I get hurt.

一旦出问题 我会受到伤害

I'm not tough, I'm vulnerable. I barely know you.

我不冷酷 我只是容易受伤 我不了解你

And I don't know if I'm right. I just hope I am.

我不知道我是不是对的 我希望我是

Because the alternative is

因为如果不是

you really are as miserable as you seem to be.

你就真的和你看起来一样可怜了

You know, from the way you're looking at me right now

从你现在看我的眼神来看

I'd say you just hit number five.

你犯了第五宗罪

Lust.

色欲

Dr. Brown, I love you too.

布朗医生 我也爱你

How you feeling?

你感觉怎样

A little weak. That's from the oxygen.

有些虚弱 那是因为氧气的原因

My mouth is dry.

我嘴巴很干

Okay, well, uh, I'll get you some of your tea.

好吧 嗯 我去帮你拿你的茶

Mixed connective tissue disease?

混合性结缔组织病吗

Her ANA is barely elevated.

她的抗核抗体几乎没有升高

Well, thanks for checking upon her.

谢谢您视察我的工作

Good to know you got my back.

贴身照料我

O2 sats down to 83.

氧饱和度下降到 83

Pulmonary problems, breathing problems...

肺部问题 呼吸问题

Irritation from the oxygen is typical.

氧气引起的刺激很典型

She comes in with a rash

她入院时只有皮疹

and you put her into cardiac arrest.

你却治出了心脏骤停

That well just never runs dry, does it?

你永远都不会罢休是吧

If there was no underlying problem

如果她没有任何潜在问题

why is she still having the rapid heart rate?

为什么她的心跳仍然过快

Maybe from the herpetic encephalitis

也许是强的松

caused by you giving her Prednisone.

所引发的疱疹性脑炎引起的

Her reaction is a symptom, not an error.

她的反应是一个症状 我没有失误

There's always an explanation, isn't there?

总是有原因的 是吧

Yes, there is

可以这么说

and if this one doesn't work, we'll find another.

如果这个解释不通 我们会找别的

But never one involving you screwing up.

不过没有一个是因为你犯错了

One that fits all the facts.

找一个符合所有线索的

Look, we obviously have a difference of opinion

我们显然意见不同

and that's fine.

没关系

I used up all the time I

我今天做的无用功

budgeted today for banging my head against a wall.

已经够多的了

I am gonna do you the biggest favor

我将从一个医生的角度

one doctor can do for another.

来帮你一个大忙

I am gonna stop you from killing your patient.

我不会让你害死自己的病人

You're off the case.

这病人不归你管了

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1. infirmarian [,ɪnfər'merɪən] n. (修道院中)看护病人者,疗养所主管人2. gluttony ['ɡlʌtəni] n. 暴食,暴饮暴食;贪食,贪吃3. sins[sɪnz] n. 罪恶4. intelligence [ɪn'telɪdʒəns] n. 智力,才智;智能5. miserable ['mɪzrəb(ə)l] adj.可怜的;悲惨的;不幸的6. lust [lʌst] n. 性欲7. check upon 校对,检查8. cardiac arrest 心脏骤停

02

Next issue