
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 214
01
Medical Story Show
(5-12)
about what people think.
在意别人的看法
Prescribing cigarettes for inflammatory bowel?
让肠炎的病人抽烟
They cause lung cancer, you know.
会引发肺癌的
You know why they have ribbons for breast cancer
你知道为什么乳腺癌 结直肠癌 前列腺癌
colorectal cancer, prostate cancer
都有代表它们的丝带[社会关爱组织标志]
and not for lung cancer
而肺癌却没有吗
They...ran out of colors?
颜色不够了吗
It's because people blame lung cancer patients.
因为人们责备得肺癌的人
They smoke, they screwed up, they deserve to die.
抽烟 是他们自作自受
The reason people die from lung cancer is guilt.
肺癌的人都是死于内疚
Well, guilt does a lot of damage.
没错 内疚造成的伤害很大
You said that with great significance.
你说得很有道理
You're not here to find your stethoscope.
你不是来这找你的听诊器
You're not here to clear your reputation.
也不是来洗脱你的嫌疑
You're here because you're having doubts.
你来这 是因为你也在怀疑
You might've screwed off.
自己可能错了
I'm here because if I'm right
来这是为了确信我是对的
Cuddy is killing that patient.
卡迪会害死那个病人的
Okay.
好吧
But if you're wrong?
但你要是错了呢
Then she's saving her. Fine.
那她就救了她 行
You're gonna have to go through every record of
你得仔细查看最近两天
every patient who's been through this clinic in the last two days.
诊所每一个病人的病历
And you're gonna have to hope
你还希望这些
that those records can be trusted.
病历确实可信
Which, by the way, yours can't.
顺便说一下 你的那些都不可信
These pills'll help your
修女 这些药片
kidneys function a little better, Sister.
可以帮助你恢复肾功能
Get your wrist.
看看你的脉搏
What's it at?
怎么样
104
104
Is that good?
情况好吗
It's fine.
挺好的
You're a lousy liar, Dr. Chase.
奇斯医生 你不擅长撒谎
Call Mom
妈妈呼叫
I have to get this. Excuse me.
不好意思 我得出去一趟
My mother's been dead for ten years.
我妈妈都死了十年了
But she's always with you in spirit.
但她永远活在你心中
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. inflammatory bowel 肠道发炎2. colorectal [ˌkoʊləˈrektl] adj. 结肠直肠的3. prostate [ˈprɑːsteɪt] n. 前列腺;adj. 前列腺的4. great significance 意味深长5. lousy [ˈlaʊzi]adj. 不擅长的
02
Next issue