
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 205
01
Medical Story Show
(5-3)
Call a code and charge up the defibrillator.
心肺复苏急救 除颤器充电
She's got no pulse.
她没有脉搏了
You diagnosed the patient with allergies
你诊断病症为过敏
and prescribed antihistamine.
开了抗组胺药
She went into respiratory distress.
随后出现呼吸窘迫
And you injected her with epinephrine.
然后你给她注射了肾上腺素
Presumable one cc.
估计用了 1 毫升
Point-one cc. That is the standard dose
0.1 毫升 标准用量
that is what I gave her.
这是我给她的用量
People don't go into cardiac arrest
0.1 毫升肾上腺素
from pointone cc epinephrine.
不会导致心脏骤停
She must have a preexisting heart
她的心脏一定有过往病史
condition that got exacerbated by the epinephrine.
肾上腺素使之恶化
It's too bad you didn't make a notation in the chart.
不幸的是没有病历记录
I can make it up right now.
我现在就能补上
The drawer has syringes is with both dosages
放注射器的抽屉里两种剂量都有
you could've easily reached for the wrong...
很容易就会拿错
But I didn't. Everyone makes mistakes.
但是我没有 谁都会犯错
This is why doctors pay through the nose
这就是为什么要强制医生
for malpractice insurance.
买医疗事故保险
Relax, they're not gonna sue.
放轻松 她们不会起诉的
Worst they'd do is whack my hand with a ruler.
她们最多就是拿戒尺打我的手
And the discipline board
那纪律委员会呢
are they gonna whack your hand too?
也会打打手完事吗
You're gonna report me? What choice do I have?
你打算上报吗 我有选择吗
How about not report me?
不上报怎样
I can justify keeping her here for a 24hour observation.
我只能留她观察 24 小时
If you haven't found an underlying cause for the cardiac
要是到时候你找不到心脏停跳的原因
arrest by then, I will have to notify our attorneys.
我只得通知我们的律师
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1.defibrillator [di:'fɪbrɪleɪtər] n. 去纤颤器;电震发生器2.antihistamine [,ænti'hɪstəmiːn] n. 抗组胺剂3.distress [dɪ'stres] n. 忧虑,悲伤;贫困;危难,险情;(肉体的)剧痛4.respiratory distress 呼吸窘迫5.presumable [pri'zjʊməbl] adj. 可能有的;可推测的6.cardiac arrest 心搏停止7.preexisting ['priɪg'zɪstɪŋ] adj.先前存在的;先于…而存在的8.exacerbate [ɪɡ'zæsərbeɪt] vt.加剧;使恶化;使加重9.syringe [sɪ'rɪndʒ] n.(皮下)注射器10.pay through the nose 被敲竹杠;被勒索;花高价;付出过高的价格11.malpractice [,mæl'præktɪs] n.治疗失当,医疗差错12.malpractice insurance [保险] 医疗事故保险13.whack [wæk] vt. 重打;猛击14.discipline board 纪律委员会15.attorney [ə'tɜ:rni] n. 律师;代理人
02
Next issue