当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 190]

发布时间:2022-09-22浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 190

01

Medical Story Show

(4-10)

We think it's MRSA.

我们认为是MRSA

Methicillin-Resistant Staph Aureus.

抗甲氧西林金葡菌

It's a very resistant form of a very common bacteria.

是一种常见的强力耐药菌

We're hoping the Aztreonam will clear it up.

我们希望氨曲南可以治疗它

Vancomycin is the best treatment for MRSA

万古霉素是治疗 MRSA 最有效的药物

so we're gonna keep giving it to her.

所以我们给她继续用这个药

Right. Is it gonna cure her?

好的 这会治好她吗

Your child is very sick.

您的孩子病得很重

You need to know that.

您得认清这个事实

This is a 'hail Mary' pass.

只能尽人事听天命了

It might cure her, it might not.

可能会治好她 也可能不行

So, so that'll cure him?

那 这能治好他吗

We'll know in 24 hours if it's working.

如果有效的话 他 24 小时之内就会好转

What did you tell them?

你怎么跟她们说的

I told them the truth.

我把事实告诉她们了

They seemed relieved.

她们看上去松了口气

You tell them how sick their son is?

你说了他们的孩子病得多重吗

I explained what was going on.

我跟他们说了现在的情况

Allison, their baby's dying.

艾莉森 他们的孩子快死了

If the parents weren't in tears when you left

如果你离开的时候 她们没有泪流满面

you didn't tell them the truth.

那你肯定没告诉她们真相

That's not how I see it.

我不这么认为

Do you want them blindsided?

你想让她们一直蒙在鼓里吗

Want them coming up and saying

等到她们嚎啕大哭 喊着

"My God, my baby died,why didn't you warn me?"

天啊 我的孩子死了 你怎么不早点告诉我

So now it's about worrying about them yelling at us?

你是担心她们对我们大吼大叫吗

No, it's about getting them

不 我是觉得应该让他们

prepared for the likely death of their child.

为孩子的死做好思想准备

If their son dies tomorrow

如果明天她们的儿子死了

do you think they'll give a damn of what I said them today?

你觉得她们会在乎我今天说过什么吗

It's not going to matter;

没有任何意义了

they're not going to care;

他们才不会在乎

it's not going to be the same ever again.

一切都会变得不同

Just give those poor women a few hours of hope.

不过是给可怜的女人们几小时的希望罢了

Dr. House!

豪斯医生

Oh, no!

天啊 不要

Dr. House, this is my husband, Charlie.

豪斯医生 这是我丈夫 查理

Who told you where my office was?

谁告诉你我的办公室的

Jill, come on, he obviously doesn't want us bothering him.

吉尔 很明显他不想我们打扰他

Ooh, I was trying to hide it.

躲还来不及呢

Look, Doctor, this is

医生 就是

about the mono you said you thought I had...

您说我得的那个传单(传染性单核细胞增多症)

The mono?

传单

Yes. You know, shouldn't Charlie be tested?

对 查理是不是也该检查一下

You know, the test.

你知道的 就是那个检查

The blood test

验血

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.blindsided [ˈblaɪndsaɪdɪd] v. 攻其不备;使遭受意外的打击;使惊讶2.mono [ˈmɑːnoʊ]n. 传染性单核细胞增多症(等于mononucleosis)3.the blood test 验血

02

Next issue