当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 191]

发布时间:2022-09-22浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 191

01

Medical Story Show

(4-11)

Right.

没错

Yeah, I'm sorry, I sometimes forget patients

不好意思 我不太记得住病人

I thought you were this idiot who doesn't know how to use birth control.

我还以为你是那个不知道怎么避孕的笨蛋呢

I can't have mono.

我不可能得传单

I don't even feel sick or anything.

都没觉得恶心什么的

That's very often the first sign.

初期通常没有症状

Call my office in the morning

上午打电话到我办公室吧

I'll schedule him for blood-tests.

我会安排他验血的

Thank you!

太感谢了

I'm not even tired.

我也没觉得全身无力啊

Find anything yet?

查到什么了吗

No, just some baby formula

没 就是池子里倒的奶粉

being stored under a sink with a dripping faucet.

堵在下水道口了

Tap water contamination.

自来水污染

You thinking pseudomonas infection?

你觉得是绿脓杆菌感染吗

I was. I wasted a couple of hours chasing it down

我以为是 结果浪费了几个小时来检查

but of course the formula hasn't been anywhere near the babies.

这些奶粉当然得在婴儿附近

Whatever idiot stored them there...

不管哪个笨蛋把它们放这

All right, we'll figure it out!

我们会查出来的

Just... just calm down.

只是... 冷静

I am calm.

我很冷静

I warned you.

我警告过你了

I did that calmly.

我做得很冷静

Is she any better?

她好些了吗

Her fever's been stable the last hour.

这几个小时里 她的烧已经退了

We're not going to make it, are we?

我们过不了这一关 是吗

Sorry?

什么

Me and Ethan.

我和伊桑

Our nextdoor neighbor

我们的邻居

their little boy died in a car crash

他们的儿子死于车祸

and she and her husband split up,like

大概葬礼的四个月 之后

four months after the funeral.

她和她丈夫离婚了

It's just, uh, what always happens, right?

世事如此 对吗

Um, what happens to patients after they leave the hospital

病人离开医院之后发生了什么

I don't know, but... try not to get ahead of yourself.

我并不清楚 尽量别太杞人忧天

Dr. Chase? Activity on the monitor.

奇斯医生 监视器有异常

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.birth control生育控制;避孕;[医] 节育2.formula [ˈfɔːrmjələ]n. 配方奶,代乳品3.sink [sɪŋk] n. 水槽,水池;洼地4.faucet [ˈfɔːsɪt] n. < 美>水龙头,旋塞5.chase down 找出6.car crash 车祸;汽车碰撞7.get ahead of yourself 操之过急

02

Next issue