
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 176
01
Medical Story Show
(3-14)
Page Dr. Occam. He's gonna wanna hear about this. I'm sorry.
呼叫奥克姆医生 他会想听听 抱歉
He was coughing, and I just wanted to help him.
他那时候在咳嗽 我只是想帮他
Aren't you a dear.
你真可爱
Where are the pills?
药呢
He took the last of’em before he was switched into that room.
在他换到那间病房之前他吃掉最后一片了
They're all gone? It was just cough medicine.
都吃完了嘛 那只是咳嗽药
No, it wasn't. Where's the bottle?
那不是咳嗽药 瓶子在哪
We need to know exactly what you put in this bottle.
我们要知道你到底放了什么药进这瓶子里
We think it was colchicine, a gout medication.
我们认为是秋水仙素 治疗痛风的药
If the prescription said cough medicine, that's what I dispensed.
如果处方上写的是咳嗽药 我装瓶的就是
The family is prepared to waive liability, all right?
他们不打算追究责任 好吧
We just need to know what it was
我们只是想知道里面是什么
What dosage it was... It was cough medicine.
剂量是多少 就是咳嗽药
Refill it.
再装一次
He's gonna be okay. You don't know that.
他会没事的 谁知道呢
Does Brandon like that quality in you?
布兰登就喜欢你这种性格的人吗
You're a little negative.
你有些消极
Things don't always work out for the best.
事情不全是往好的方面发展的
Doesn't hurt to hope they do.
希望它好也没有坏处啊
No. Not unless that makes you figure you
是的 直到让你认为
can do whatever you want, like give people cough medicine.
你可以为所欲为 就像给别人吃咳嗽药
This is cough medication.
这是咳嗽药
This is what Brandon was supposed to get.
这是布兰登应该拿到的药
They're small, round and yellow.
圆形黄色小药片
Can you tell this man what the pills
你可以告诉这个人到底
in your son's medicine bottle actually looked like?
你孩子的药瓶里装的药是怎样的吗
They were small, round and yellow, exactly like this.
就是像这样的圆形黄色小药片
Those were the pills that Brandon was taking.
这就是布兰登当时吃的药
Hey, I'm just a pharmacist
嘿 也许我只是个小小药剂师
but I know what cough medicine looks like, Doctor.
但我认得止咳药什么样 医生
It was so perfect. It was beautiful.
原本是多么完美 多么美好
Beauty often seduces us on the road to truth.
美好常常在通往真理的路上诱惑我们
And triteness kicks us in the nads.
而陈腐把我们推入泥沼
So true. This doesn't bother you?
如此真实 你不感到困扰吗
That you were wrong? I try to work through the pain.
为你的错误吗 我努力走出痛苦
I was not wrong. Everything I said was true.
我没有错 我说的全部都是事实
It fit. It was elegant.
切合病情 一流的诊断
So, reality was wrong?
这么说 是现实错了吗
Reality's almost always wrong.
现实几乎总是错的
The cough medicine did something.
他吃的止咳药肯定有问题
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1.switch into 切换到;转到2.dispense [dɪˈspens] v. 发放,分配;提供,施予;配(药),发(药)3.waive [weɪv] v. 放弃(权利、要求等);不强制执行(规定、限制),免除(费用)4.pharmacist [ˈfɑːrməsɪst] n. 药剂师5.seduce [sɪˈduːs] v.勾引;引诱,吸引6.triteness [ˈtraɪtnəs] n. 陈腐;平凡
02
Next issue