当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 168]

发布时间:2022-09-21浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 168

01

Medical Story Show

(3-6)

We're his parents. How's he doing?

我们是他的父母 他怎样了

Um, Brandon is

布兰登是

Uh, Mom. Dad This is Mindy.

妈 爸 这是敏蒂

I was gonna bring her home for Christmas. Um, we're engaged.

我原打算圣诞节带她回家 我们订婚了

Dr. Hall to the recovery room. Dr. Hall

霍尔医生请到术后特别病房 霍尔医生

Did you tell the family House's theory?

你和家属说了豪斯的理论吗

Two odd conditions striking completely coincidentally at the exact same time?

两种罕见病症极为巧合的同时发生

I didn't phrase it quite that way. They agree to treatment?

我可没这么说 他们同意治疗吗

Of course they did. We're doctors.

当然同意了 我们是医生

They believe whatever we tell them.

我们说什么他们都相信

So, is that our job? House's puppets?

这就是我们的工作 豪斯的木偶吗

He comes up with an insane idea, we get to pretend it's not?

他冒出个疯狂的想法 我们却置若罔闻吗

His insane ideas are usually right.

他的疯狂想法通常是对的

We've been here long enough to

我们在这里足够长时间

We've been here long enough to have Stockholm syndrome.

足够长时间患上斯德哥尔摩综合征[人质 情节]

What, because we don't hate him?

什么 就因为我们不讨厌他吗

He thinks outside the box. Is that so evil?

他能跳出框框思考 就是恶人了吗

He has no idea where the box is.

他根本不知道框子在哪里

If you guys think he's right, go home.

要是你们觉得他是对的 回家吧

Relax. Just wait for the kid to get all better.

放松 等着病人好转

I'm going to the lab to test for viral infections.

我去化验室 检查病毒感染

Negative for Coxsackie "B" virus.

B 型柯萨奇病毒检测呈阴性

Seven down, about 5,000 to go.

排除 7 个 还有 5000 多个

You really think we're gonna

你真的以为靠凝胶实验

come up with your mystery virus just by running gels

加上我们随意的猜测

till we guess it right?

就能找到你的神秘病毒

No. I think we're gonna do it by standing around watching other people work.

不 我觉得 站着看别人干活就可以

I'm waiting for the EpsteinBarr virus.

我在等 EB 病毒检测结果

She's weird, isn't she? Bad idea.

她很古怪 不是吗 不是好主意

What? Bad idea. You work with her.

什么 不是好主意 你们是同事

What did I say?

我说什么了

Is weird some new ghetto euphemism for sexy

古怪是黑人对性感的委婉说法吗

like bad is good and phat is good?

就像坏是好 漂亮是好

Then what the hell does "good" mean? "Ghetto euphemism"?

那么 好又指什么 黑人委婉说法

You don't think she's hot?

你不觉得她很性感吗

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.coincidentally [koʊˌɪnsɪˈdentəli] adv.巧得很;凑巧2.phrase [freɪz] v.(以某种方式)表达,措辞,推敲3.puppet [ˈpʌpɪt] n.木偶;傀儡4.Stockholm syndrome [ˈstɒkˌhoʊlm ˈsɪndroʊm] 斯德哥尔摩综合症5.Coxsackie virus 柯萨奇病毒6.Epstein-Barr virus EB病毒;爱泼斯坦-巴尔病毒7.ghetto [ˈɡetoʊ] n. 犹太人区;贫民区;vt. 使集中居住8.euphemism [ˈjuːfəmɪzəm] n. 委婉语,委婉说法9. phat [fæt] adj. 杰出的,优秀的

02

Next issue