
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 170
01
Medical Story Show
(3-8)
So, a woman can't express her interest in sex
女性必须占据主导
without it being some professional power play?
才能表示对性的兴趣吗
No. If you look the way you do and you say what you said
不 但是如果回想下你所说 所做的
you have to be aware of the effect that it's going to have on men.
当心这样做对一个男人产生的影响
Men should grow up.
男人总也长不大
Yeah, and dogs should stop licking themselves.
对 狗改不了吃屎
It's not gonna happen. What's going on?
不会发生的 出什么事了
Yeah, what are you doing here? Looking for you guys.
对了 你在这里干嘛 找你们
Why didn't you page us?
为什么不呼我们
'Cause I knew you'd be here.
因为我知道你们在这里
Who told him? No one.
谁告诉他的 没人
I assume you're trying to prove my crazy, two-illness theory wrong
料到你们想要证明我疯狂的两病同发理论是错的
so, obviously, you're gonna be in the lab.
所以 显然 你们会在化验室
You spin the urine? Not yet.
尿沉渣检验好了吗 还没
Talk to me when you have.
做完了通知我
What'd you find out?
发现什么了
Kidney failure. It's acute interstitial nephritis.
肾衰 急性间质性肾炎
I wonder if that's significant.
我在想这重要吗
It means the antibiotics didn't cause the kidney failure.
那就表示抗生素并非肾衰诱因
How'd you know?
你怎么知道的
If you guys hadn't been so busy trying to prove me wrong
要是你们没有忙着挑我的刺
you might've checked in on the poor kid.
就会有空观察可怜的男孩
You visited a patient?
你看过病人了吗
I was sitting by his bed all morning
我在他床边坐了一个早上
just so he'd know someone was there for him.
让他知道还有人关心他
I looked in on him. He's much better.
我看过他了 好多了
Ergo, the treatment's working.
因此 治疗起效了
Ergo, me right, you wrong.
因此 我对 你们错
Hey, I'm glad for the kid.
我为男孩高兴
That smugness of yours really is an attractive quality.
装模作样的确是你的魅力所在
Thank you.
谢谢
It was either that or get my hair highlighted.
要不我就去把头发染了
Smugness is easier to maintain.
装模作样保持起来要容易得多
I get that you're not a big believer in the "catching flies with honey" approach
我明白你不相信蜂蜜抓苍蝇的方法
but do you honestly think you'll collect a jarful by cleverly taunting them?但你真的相信嘲弄法能抓一罐子吗
Flies, no. Doctors, sure.
苍蝇 不行 医生 一定
If I'd said to Foreman
要是我和福曼说
"Nice try. Great guess "
尝试的好 猜得不错
but sorry, not this time,"
但是对不起 不对"
what do you think he'd be doing right now?
你觉得他现在会在干嘛
I think he'd go home not feeling like a piece of crap.
我想他回家时不会觉得自己一无是处
Exactly.
没错
You want him to feel like a piece of crap?
你想让他觉得自己一无是处吗
No. I don't want him going home.
不 我不想让他回家
Dr. Foreman.
福曼医生
Still have the cough. I'm feeling a lot better though.
还是咳嗽吗 但感觉好多了
His fever is gone. His rash is going away.
他的烧退了 疹子也退了
I see. Is everything okay?
知道了 一切都好吗
Just ordering some tests. Absolutely nothing to worry about.
就是预约几个检查 没有什么可担心的
How much longer?
还要多久
9:30. I figure she was on the eighth hole when I paged her.
9 点半 我想我呼她的时候 她在 8 号洞
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1.lick [lɪk] v. 舔,舔吃2.page [peɪdʒ] v. (在公共场所)用扩音器呼叫(某人或发布信息);用寻呼机呼叫(某人)3.Kidney failure. It's acute interstitial nephritis. 肾衰 急性间质性肾炎。4.checked in on 关心某人,看看某人5.ergo [ˈerɡoʊ] adv. 因此,所以;conj. 因此6.smugness [ˈsmʌɡnəs] n. 洋洋自得;自视甚高;自命清高;装模作样7.highlight [ˈhaɪlaɪt] v. 挑染8.fly [flaɪ] n. 苍蝇9.jarful ['dʒa:,ful] n. 一瓶;一瓶之容量10. taunting [ˈtɔːntɪŋ] 嘲弄11. crap [kræp] n. 胡扯,废话;蹩脚货,废物;不公正的待遇;粪便,屎;拉屎

02
Next issue