当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 171]

发布时间:2022-09-21浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 171

01

Medical Story Show

(3-9)

You probably got another half hour.

大概能玩半个小时

I ran a T.S.H., T3

我检测了促甲状腺激素 三碘甲状腺素

and T4. The patient's negative for hypothyroidism.

甲状腺素 不是甲状腺机能减退

I'm not talking about you.

说的不是你

The fact that he's getting better would

事实是 他在好转

indicate the unreliability of the tests.

说明检测结果不可靠

If I'm right and it's a viral infection

如果我是对的 是病毒感染

one of two things always happen:

下面两种情况必有其一

The patient dies, or the patient's immune system fights off the invader.

病人死亡 或病人免疫系统抗击感染

What's with her?

她怎么回事

Her leg hurts after running six miles.

跑了 6 英里后 她腿疼

Who knows? Could be anything.

谁知道呢 什么都有可能

He's getting better. That doesn't prove you're right.

他在好转并不证明你是对的

That just proves he's getting better.

仅证明他在好转

It-It's not two illnesses. It can't be two illnesses.

不是两病同发 不可能是两病同发

I am so glad you work here.

你在这里工作 我太高兴了

If I'm right, the antibiotics you prescribed...

如果我是对的 你开的抗生素

could box his kidneys and liver, impeding his ability to fight off the virus.

会阻断肝肾 抑止抵抗病毒的能力

It could kill him. Well, that certainly would be a concern.

会害死他的 这的确值得考虑

Fifty bucks?

赌 50 元吗

Don't look away. The space monkeys will be all over you.

别走神 太空猴子会打败你的

You wanna bet on the patient's health?

你要那病人的健康打赌

You think that's bad luck?

你认为不吉利吗

You think that God will smite him because of our insensitivity?

你认为上帝会因我们的无动于衷而惩罚他吗

Well, if God does, you make a quick 50.

要是这样 白送你 50 块

Oh. Go check his white blood count.

噢 检查他的白细胞计数

If he's fighting off a virus like you think, it'll be way up.

若如你想的是病毒感染 会显著升高

Hey. Cuddy said you needed a consult. What's up? I'm busy.

卡迪说你要求会诊 什么事 我忙呢

I was just being glib. You haven't said anything.

我就是一时嘴快 你什么也没说

No. Before, when I was talking about Brandon's girlfriend.

不 之前 我说布兰登女友

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.hypothyroidism [ˌhaɪpoʊˈθaɪrɔɪdɪzəm] n.甲状腺功能减退2.unreliability [ˌʌnrɪˌlaɪəˈbɪləti] n. 不可靠,不可信赖;不安全3.If I'm right, the antibiotics you prescribed could box his kidneys and liver, impeding his ability to fight off the virus. 如果我是对的 你开的抗生素会阻断肝肾 抑止抵抗病毒的能力。4.buck [bʌk] n. < 非正式>(美)元5.look away 转移目光;扭头看别处;把脸转过去6.smite [smaɪt] vt. 打;重击7.insensitivity [ɪnˌsensəˈtɪvəti] n. 感觉迟钝;不灵敏性;昏迷8.Go check his white blood count. 检查他的白细胞计数。9.glib [ɡlɪb] adj.油嘴滑舌的;油腔滑调的;肤浅的;不诚恳的;未经思考的

02

Next issue