当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 164]

发布时间:2022-08-30浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 164

01

Medical Story Show

(3-2)

You all right? Yeah.

你没事吧 没事

The Cortstim test will tell us

皮质醇过量测试可以显示

if your pituitary and adrenal glands are working properly.

你的脑垂体和肾上腺是否正常

His glands? What does that mean?

他的腺体 那什么意思

We have a few theories we're working on.

我们在根据得出的一些理论研究病情

You mean you don't know. Mindy.

意思是说你不知道什么病 敏蒂

I'm just saying, if they knew they wouldn't be testing you

如果他们知道的话就不会给你做测试

they'd be treating you.

而是治疗你

Yeah, well, that's the way it works.

是啊 可过程就是这样

First we find out what it is, then we get you better.

我们先诊断出病因 然后对症下药

You're half an hour late. Busy caseload.

你迟到了半小时 手头病例太多了

One case is not a load.

就一个病例算不上多

So how are we doing on cotton swabs today?

今天的棉棒够用吗

If there's an acute shortage, I could run home

如果不够的话 我可以跑回家去

No, you couldn't. Nice.

看来你"跑"不了 很好

Hello, sick people and their loved ones.

患者以及其亲朋好友 你们好

In the interest of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chitchat later

为了节省时间 还有避免大量无聊的闲谈

I'm Dr.Gregory House.

我是格利高里·豪斯医生

You can call me Greg.

你们可以叫我格雷戈

I'm one of three doctors staffing this clinic this morning.

我是今早在门诊出诊的三个医生之一

Short. Sweet. Grab a file.

简洁 可爱 拿个病例走人

This ray of sunshine is Dr.Lisa Cuddy.

这位就是总能温暖人心的丽莎·卡迪医生

Dr.Cuddy runs this whole hospital

卡迪医生是这间医院的院长

so, unfortunately, she's much too busy to deal with you.

所以很不幸 她没时间给你们看病

I am a board certified diagnostician

我是个经过认证的诊断师

with a double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology.

专业是传染病学和肾脏学

I'm also the only doctor currently employed at this clinic

我也是整个门诊部门目前值班的医生中

who is forced to be here against his will.

唯一一个被逼出诊的

That is true, isn't it? But not to worry.

这是实话 对吧 不过别担心

Because for most of you

对你们大多数人的病情来说

this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin.

这工作简单到猴子拿瓶布洛芬就能解决了

Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying

说到这儿 如果你是特别烦人的病人

you may see me reach for this.

你会看到我吃这个东西

This is Vicodin. It's mine. You can't have any.

这是维科丁 是我的 你们吃不到

And, no, I do not have a pain management problem. I have a pain problem.

我没有什么疼痛处理障碍 我就是疼而已

But who knows? Maybe I'm wrong.

谁知道呢 也许我错了

Maybe I'm too stoned to tell.

也许我浑浑噩噩的所以分不清了

So, who wants me?

那好 谁要我看病

And who would rather wait for one of the other two guys?

谁宁愿等另外那两个医生来

Okay. Well, I'll be in exam room one

很好 如果你们改变主意

if you change your mind.

去 1 号门诊室找我

Jodi Matthews?

乔迪·马修斯

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.pituitary [pɪˈtuːəteri] n.脑下垂体;垂体;adj.(大脑)垂体的;(分泌)黏液的;(由大脑垂体所致的)异常长大的2.adrenal glands [əˈdriːnl glændz] 腎上腺;肾上腺3.swab [swɑːb] n.(医用的)拭子,药签;用拭子对(人体)化验标本的采集;vt.用拭子擦拭;擦洗,擦拭(地板等)4.cotton swab 棉签;棉纱擦帚;药棉拭子;棉纱拖把5.acute shortage 严重短缺,(商品)奇缺6.In the interest of adv. 为了;为了……的利益7.chitchat [ˈtʃɪtˌtʃæt] n.闲聊;聊天;vi.闲谈8.board certified 拥有公会认可的资格执照9.nephrology [nɪˈfrɑːlədʒi] n. 肾脏学10.Motrin 布洛芬11.stoned [stoʊnd] adj. (因吸毒或醉酒)飘飘然,精神恍惚,极度兴奋;烂醉的

02

Next issue