当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 152]

发布时间:2022-04-19浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 152

——// 01 //——

I am a foreigner, but not an outsider!

“我是外国人,但不是外人”

1月25日下午,国家主席习近平在北京主持中国同中亚五国建交30周年视频峰会,发表题为《携手共命运一起向未来》的重要讲话。新华社记者庞兴雷 摄

哈萨克斯坦籍留学生、陕西中医药大学针灸推拿学专业研究生马文轩

为中医药留学生打Call!!!

——// 02 //——

Medical Story Show

(2-10)

Dan?

I'm not here. Leave a message.

我不在家 请留言

Dr.Cuddy. Great outfit.

卡迪医生 行头不错

What are you doing back here? Patient?

你怎么回来了 有病人吗

No. Hooker.

不是 是妓女

Went to my office instead of my home.

本来要去我家结果来我办公室了

Dr.House.

豪斯医生

Dan's missing. Yeah. I got that part from the message.

丹不见了 我知道 你在留言里说了

You said I was needed immediately.

你说这儿急需我帮忙

He shouldn't move after a lumbar puncture.

刚做完腰椎穿刺他不该走动的

I agree. He's gonna have a very nasty headache.

是啊 他会有严重头疼症状

That would also be my opinion if consulted tomorrow morning.

如果明早会诊 我持相同观点

We wanted to keep you informed.

我们想通知你

He heard some pretty heavy news.

他听到了一些很不乐观的消息

This is not a toddlerwandering around a department store.

这又不是刚会走的小孩在百货公司乱逛

He's 16. You'll find him.

他都 16 了 你们会找到他的

I'm going home.

我要回家了

So when you say, Call me if you need anything,"

所以你说"有需要尽管给我打电话

you mean don't call?

意思就是不要打吗

No, I mean call me if I could do something.

不是 我是说我能帮上忙的话再打给我

I'm bad at search parties, and I'm bad at sitting around

我不擅长搜索救援组的工作

looking nervous, doing nothing.

也不擅长干坐在这看着别人慌慌张张的

What about his parents? Should we call them?

那他父母呢 要打电话通知他们吗

Why? Do you think they're hiding him?

怎么 你觉得他们把他藏起来了

Make sure someone checks the roof.

找人去屋顶看看

Some of the orderlies keep the door propped open so they can grab a smoke.

有些清洁工把门撑着留条缝好方便偷抽烟

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary

1、lumbar puncture 腰椎穿刺

2、nasty [ˈnæsti] adj.肮脏的;极差的;令人厌恶的;令人不悦的;不友好的;恶意的;令人不愉快的;危险的;严重的;无礼的

n.令人不愉快的事物

3、keep sb informed 随时向(某人)报告;通知(某人)

4、heavy news 悲痛的消息,坏消息

5、toddler [ˈtɑːdlər]n.蹒跚学步的孩子;学步的儿童;刚学会走路的孩子

6、department store 百货公司;百货商店

7、prop [prɑːp]n.道具;支柱;支撑物;支持者;后盾;支柱前锋

vt.支撑

8、orderly [ˈɔːrdərli] n. (医院的)护工,勤杂工;

Next issue