当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 153]

发布时间:2022-04-19浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 153

Medical Story Show

(2-11)

Dan. You okay?

丹 你没事吧

There are experimental treatments. Ongoing research.

有实验性疗程 正在进行的研究

Who knows what they'll discover in a year or two.

也许一两年之后会有所突破

This is where I dropped the ball.

这就是我掉球的地方

Dan, we're standing on the roof of the hospital.

丹 我们是站在医院的屋顶上

Dan.

Dan, you're not on the field.

丹 你不是在球场上

He doesn't know where he is. Dan.

他不知道自己在哪 丹

Foreman.

福曼

Dan.

Dan? Dan, no!

丹 丹 不要

Dr.Foreman.

福曼医生

I assume you found the kid.

看来你们找到那孩子了

He almost walked off the roof. Suicidal?

他差点从屋顶掉下去 想自杀吗

No, he thought he was on his lacrosse field.

不是 他以为在曲棍球场呢

Look, I was gonna run home, shower, change

听着 我正要回家 冲凉 换衣服

Conscious? Yeah.

神志清醒吗 对

How'd you talk him down?

你是怎么劝他下来的

Actually, Chase tackled him.

其实 奇斯抱住了他

How come you didn't do it?

怎么不是你呢

Right. Well, I am black, but he was closer.

是呀 我是黑人 但他更近些

Come on. You can ride up with me.

来吧 和我一起上去

Anybody tell the family that their boy almost stepped off a roof?

他们知道儿子差点坠楼了吗

They must be thrilled.

一定给吓坏了

They're not suing, but I think only because Chase asked

他们没有起诉 我看是因为奇斯请求

Why does everybody always think I'm being sarcastic?

为何总以为我在挖苦

This is great news. He doesn't have M.S.

好消息 不是多发性硬化

Parents should be thrilled. The mom anyway.

父母应该很高兴 至少母亲是

Of course, the dad probably doesn't know

当然 父亲可能还不知道

Why doesn't he have M.S.?

为什么不是多发性硬化

He was on the roof, thinking he was on a lacrosse field.

因为他在屋顶 幻觉在曲棍球场

Conscious, and therefore not a night terror.

神志清醒 所以不是夜惊

You want some of this? Yeah, sure.

你来点吗 对 行

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary

1、assume [əˈsuːm]v.假定;假设;认为

2、suicidal [ˌsuːɪˈsaɪdl] adj. 有自杀倾向的;有致命危险的,极为冒险的;自取灭亡的,自我毁灭性的;可能造成大破坏(麻烦)的

3、lacrosse [ləˈkrɔːs]n. 长曲棍球;网棒球;袋棍球

4、talk down 说服,驳倒

5、tackle [ˈtækl] v .解决;应付;抓获;n.用具;(橄榄球或美式足球)擒抱摔倒;阻截

6、suing [ˈsuːɪŋ] v.控告;提起诉讼

7、sarcastic [sɑːrˈkæstɪk]adj.讽刺的;嘲讽的;挖苦的

8、night terror 夜惊;夜惊症

Next issue