当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 138 ]

发布时间:2021-04-14浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 138


Traditional Chinese medicine

Abdominal fullness that fails to lessen [or] lessens to degree to speak of should be treated by precipitation. Da cheng qi tang(Major Qi-Coordinating Decoction)is appropriate.

腹满不减,减不足言,当须下之,宜大承气汤。


Medical Story Show

(2-3)

Margins are fine.

边缘良好

No lesions.

无破损

Color is good.

颜色不错

How long have you been having night terrors? Three weeks.

夜惊有多久了 3 周

He's afraid to go to bed.He's exhausted, can barely function.

他害怕去睡觉 已经累坏了 快挺不住了

What does that tell you?

这说明什么

Nothing. It's just fun watching him blink.

什么都说明不了 看他眨眼睛挺好玩的

Name as many animals as you can that begin with the letter "B." Go.

尽可能多说出 B 开头的动物名称 开始

Baby elephant? Baby elephant is actually a good answer.

大象宝宝 倒真是个不错的答案啊

B is a bear of a letter.

B 是一个笨拙的字母

What does that tell you?

这又说明什么呢

Proves two things: No neurological damage

说明两个问题 神经系统正常

and your son is never gonna be chief fry cook.

你儿子不可能当厨师了

In teens, there are two likely causes of night terrors.

十多岁孩子夜惊只可能有两种原因

Posttraumatic stress.

外伤造成的压力

Any recent shootouts at your high school? No.

最近在学校火拼了吗 没有

Well then, Dave Dan.

那么戴夫 是丹

If there's no trauma

如果没有外伤

the other cause is... sexual abuse.

那么另一个原因就是 性侵犯

So who's molesting you? Teacher?

有谁性骚扰你吗 老师

Extrafriendly neighbor?

分外友好的邻居吗

I'd ask if either of you were involved

我想问你俩是帮凶吗

but you'd deny it.

但是你们肯定不会承认的

We would never do anything to hurt Dan.

我们绝对不会伤害丹的

I say it here, it comes out there.

我这边儿刚说完 那边儿就映证了

This lack of response is consistent with abuse.

失去反应和性虐待有关

There's no one, okay? I I swear.

从没有过这种事情好吗 我发誓

There was trauma. I got hit in the head during a lacrosse game.

有外伤 我在长曲棍球赛中头部受伤了

Did you know that he got hit in the head?

你知道他头部受伤吗

They didn't mention it. No.

他们从来没提过

Yeah. Why bother?

是啊 这点小事儿何必一提呢

No, no. We took him to the E.R.

不对 不对 比赛之后

After the game.

我们送他去急诊室了

He was scanned. They tested him. They said he was fine.

医生为他做了扫描 说他没事儿

No concussion. It's gotta be something else.

没有脑震荡 肯定是其它别的什么原因

You hound me for my opinion, and then you question my diagnosis.

你吵着要我给你诊断 又质疑我的诊断

Cool. E.R. obviously screwed up. Kid's got a concussion.

好吧 急诊室显然搞错了 孩子脑震荡了

I had double vision before I was hit.

在被撞击前我看东西也会重影

Well, that changes everything.

很好 那样的话一切都不同了

You need glasses.

你需要戴眼镜了

That's why you had double vision

那才是重影的原因

which is why you got hit

也是你被撞击的原因

which is why you have a concussion

也是你脑震荡的原因

which is why you have night terrors.

和夜惊的原因

You need to see an ophthalmologist, which I am not.

你需要去看眼科专家 而且我不是

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1. margin [ˈmɑːrdʒɪn] n. 边缘

2. lesion [ˈliːʒn] n. 损伤

3. posttraumatic [ˌpoʊsttrɔˈmætɪk] a. 创伤后的

4. shootout [ˈʃutaʊt] n. 罚点球决胜赛

5. molest [məˈlest] v. 对(儿童)进行性骚扰

6. lacrosse [ləˈkrɔːs] n. 长曲棍球

7. scanned [skænd] v. (X射线、超声波、电磁波等)扫描

8. concussion [kənˈkʌʃn] n. 脑震荡

9. ophthalmologist [ˌɑːfθəˈmɑːlədʒɪst] n. 眼科医生

10. precipitation [prɪˌsɪpɪˈteɪʃn] n. [化学] 沉淀,[化学] 沉淀物;降水;冰雹;坠落;鲁莽

国际交流与合作部