当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 139 ]

发布时间:2021-04-14浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 139


Traditional Chinese medicine

For great cold pain in the heart and chest, retching and inability to eat or drink, and cold in the abdomen that surges upward, lifts the skin, and protrudes as if with head and feet, with pain above and below so severe that you cannot touch it, Da Jian Zhong Tang (Major Center-Fortifying Decoction) governs.

心胸中大寒痛,呕不能饮食,腹中寒,上冲皮起,出见有头足,上下痛而不可触近,大建中汤主之。


Medical Story Show

(2-4)

You enjoyed that.

你很喜欢这样子

I brought a reasonable case to your attention

我给你送来了一个不错的病例

and you shoved it in my face just to humiliate me.

而你当面解决掉 是想羞辱我吧

You're an only child, aren't you? Why would you say that?

你是独生女吧 为什么这么说

Because everything is about you.

因为你总是以自己为中心

This may seem incredibly controversial

这个话题也许极富争议

but I think sexual abuse is bad.

但是我认为性侵犯总是不好的

I just wanted to make sure

我只是想确定

he wasn't being diddled by Daddy or Mommy.

他不是被他爸爸或者妈妈侵犯了

Anything else is just a bonus.

其它的部分只能算作是意外收获了

I'm not an only child. Interesting.

我不是独生女 有意思

What? Don't move.

什么 别动

Did I bore you in there?

我是不是让你觉得很无聊呢

What? Uh, no. Not Not really.

什么 没有 真没有

Are you tired?

你累吗

Sometimes. He never sleeps. Of course he's tired.

时而 他一点儿觉没睡 当然疲劳了

Right now. At this moment.

现在 此时此刻

Are you tired? No. No.

你累吗 不 不累

That twitch in your leg. Did you feel that?

那让你腿部抽动 你感觉到了吗

Didn't hurt. His leg twitched. I don't see what

不疼吗 他的腿抽搐 我不明白这

It's called a myoclonic jerk.

这是种叫做肌阵挛的现象

It's very common when you're falling asleep.

很常见 经常发生在睡眠时候

Respiration rate falls

呼吸率下降

and the brain sometimes interprets this as the body dying

大脑以为身体在衰竭而作出的条件反射

so it sends a pulse to wake it up.

释放出醒来的讯号

So? So, he's not asleep.

那又怎样 所以他睡不着觉

He's awake.

一直醒着

Admit him.

收他住院

I recognize that loopy "G. '"

我认得那个圈圈

So, what does the jerk tell us?

那么 混蛋是怎么说的

Nothing good. The brain's losing control of the body.

没什么好消息 大脑在丧失对身体的控制

Can't order the eyes to focus

不能控制眼睛聚焦

regulate sleep patterns or control muscles.

也不能控制正常的睡眠模式以及肌肉

A movement disorder or a degenerative brain disease.

不是运动功能紊乱就是脑功能衰竭

Either way

不管是哪种病

this kid's gonna be picking up his diploma in diapers

这孩子都将要穿着尿布

and a wheelchair.

坐着轮椅去领毕业证书了

Maybe not that bad. Could be an infection.

可能没那么严重 或许只是感染了

You wish. No fever, no white count.

一厢情愿 没有发烧 也没有白细胞增长

Anyone think this differential diagnosis might be compromised

有人认为这个鉴别诊断可能会有问题吗

because we don't have an accurate family history?

因为我们没有病人准确的家庭患病史

I took an accurate family history.

我拿到了准确的家庭患病史

You didn't even take an accurate family.

你甚至没见到准确的家庭

His father's not his father. Why would you say that?

他父亲不是生父 为什么这么说

Thirty percent of all dads

大约有百分之三十的父亲

don't realize they're raising someone else's kid.

不知道自己养了别人的孩子

False paternity's more like 10%.

错误的父子关系大概只有一成左右

That's what our moms would like us to believe.

妈妈更喜欢这种说法

Who cares?

有什么关系呢

If he got it from his parents

如果是从他父母那儿遗传过来的

they'd both be dead.

父母应该都已经死掉了

Can we get on with the differential diagnosis?

我们可以继续这个鉴别诊断了吗

Fifty bucks says I'm right.

50 块钱赌我是对的

I'll take your money. Hit a nerve?

我一定赢你 说到你痛处了吗

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1. shove [ʃʌv] v. ;随手扔

2. diddle [ˈdɪdl] v.欺骗

3. twitch [twɪtʃ] n. 痉挛;抽搐

4. myoclonic jerk 肌肉僵直

5. paternity [pəˈtɜːrnəti] n. 父亲的身份

6. lift [lɪft] v.(被)提起,举起,抬高,吊起;移开;移动;空运

n.电梯;升降机;免费搭车;搭便车;较好的心情;更大的信心

7. protrude [proʊˈtruːd] v.突出;伸出;鼓出

国际交流与合作部