
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 137
Traditional Chinese medicine
When on pressing there is fullness and pain below the heart, this is repletion. One should precipitate this. Da Chai Hu Tang (Major Bupleurum Decoction) is appropriate.
按之心下满痛者,此为实也,当下之,宜大柴胡汤。
Medical Story Show
(2-2)
You have no cases?
你没有患者吗
You have no cases?
一个患者都没有吗
You've got handpicked doctorsspecialists
你精挑细选了一批精英级医生
working for you,and they're sitting on their hands?
为你工作 就让他们百无聊赖吗
Cameron's answering my mail.
卡梅隆在帮我回复邮件
Oh, time well spent, I'm sure.
真是相当充分的利用了时间
Foreman and Chase?
福曼和奇斯呢
Research?
做科研吧
Nine letters. Iodine deficiency in children.
一种儿童碘缺乏症 9 个字母
Cretinism.
呆小症
So, 4:03 p.m., Dr. House checks out.
下午 4 点零 3 分 豪斯医生签到下班
Please write that down.
请帮忙记录一下
Dr. House. Sorry. Done for the day.
豪斯医生吗 抱歉 今天下班了
Plenty of docs here to take care of you.
会有很多其它医生给你看病
But we had an appointment.
但是咱们约好的
Nice try, but this is a walkin clinic
很棒的试探 但是这是个免费门诊
which means there are no appointments.
也就是说没有预约制度
You walk in, sign the chart,and a doctor will see you.
免费门诊 进来填表 就有医生给你看病
Just not me.
只不过不是我
Your letter says that we'd see you.
您的邮件上说你会给我们看病的
Not a big letter writer. Here.
我不怎么写信 你看
When did my signature get so girlie?
我的签名什么时候变得娘们儿了
I can explain. See that "G"?
我可以解释 看见这个 G 没有
See how it makes a big loop on top?
上边的怎么会写出一个圈圈来呢
Doesn't even look like my handwriting. Think I have something?
看起来根本不像我的字体 知道怎么想吗
What's the differential diagnosis for
给一个像初中女生一样写 G 的人
writing G's like a junior high school girl?
应该下什么诊断呢[在暗示同性恋]
It's impossible to get to you through normal channels.
想通过正常渠道找你看病简直是不可能
They have called, emailed.
电话 邮件 他们都试过了
Perseverance does not equal worthiness.
坚持不懈并不等于值得关注
Next time you want to get my attention
下次再想吸引我注意
wear something fun.
你可以在穿着上来点儿猛料
Lowrider jeans are hot.
低腰牛仔裤挺性感
Sixteen year old male.
十六岁男性病人
Sudden onset of double vision and night terrors, with no apparent cause.
未知原因的产生重影和夜惊
The kid's been to two neurologists, and he Night terrors?
孩子已经看过两位精神科专家 夜惊
As in big scary monsters? Yes.
像是恐怖怪兽里面的一样吗 是的
Where are you going? To see the family.
你去哪 看看这家人去
You're going to examine a patient?
你要去给患者做检查吗
Nine times out of 10,there's no reason to talk to a patient.
九成情况下 不用和患者谈话
But night terrors in a 16 year old is a very good reason
但是一个 16 岁的孩子夜惊
to talk to this family.
是一个去和他家人聊一聊非常好的理由
Good work.
干得好
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1、repletion [rɪ'pliʃən] n. 充满,饱满;饱食
2、handpicked [ˈhændˈpɪkt] v. 精心挑选
3、Iodine [ˈaɪədaɪn] n. 碘酒
4、deficiency [dɪˈfɪʃnsi] n. 缺乏
5、cretinism [ˈkritənɪz(ə)m] n. 呆小病
6、loop [luːp] n. 环形
国际交流与合作部