当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No.246]

发布时间:2023-03-10浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 246

01

Medical Story Show

7-3

Has to be a tumor then.

那只可能是肿瘤了

A tumor sitting directly on top of the brain stem...

一个肿瘤就长在脑干上

that three E.R. Doctors, two neurologists

但 3 个急症医生 2 个神经科医生

and a radiologist missed?

和一个放射科医生都没发现吗

Partridge in a pear tree missed it too.

梨树上的鹌鹑也没看到[典出一首圣诞歌曲]

Redo the blood work, and get a new M.R.I.

重做血检 再做个核磁共振

With two-millimeter cuts through the mesodiencephalic.

中脑扫描 2 毫米一层

And check for evil stepmothers.

再看看她是不是有个邪恶的后妈

This much sleep usually indicates poison apples.

这么睡法 一定是吃了有毒的苹果

Anything else besides the shortness of breath?

除了呼吸短促 还有其他症状吗

Not really. It's actually just kind of a tightness.

没了 就是觉得胸闷

You smoke? No, never.

你抽烟吗 不 从不

Exercise? Eight hours a day.

锻炼吗 一天 8 小时

I teach preschool. Sounds fun.

我在幼儿园上班 听上去很有意思

Any history of heart disease in your family?

有家族心脏病史吗

Not that I know of. Take a deep breath.

据我所知没有 深呼吸

Been under a lot of stress lately? No more than usual.

最近压力很大吗 和以往一样

You're probably just a little anemic.

你可能就是有点贫血

I'm gonna do an E.K.G. Just to make sure.

为谨慎起见 我还是做个心电图吧

Do I need to take this off?

我需要把这个脱掉吗

Uh, no. You can just pull that down in front.

不用 前面往下拉一点就可以

Good Lord.

老天啊

Are those real? Do they look real?

是真的吗 看着像吗

They look pretty damn good.

看着真不赖

They were a present for my husband's 40th.

是给我丈夫的 40 岁生日礼物

I figured he'd enjoy them more than a sweater.

我觉得比起一件毛衣 他会更喜欢这个

That's so sweet.

太体贴了

But I'm afraid the cause of your problem

不过恐怕引起你不适的东西

could be staring us right in the face.

此刻就在我们眼前

Actually, I guess I'm the one doing the staring.

确切地说 就是我正看着的东西

Of course, I can't be sure. I'd like to consult a colleague.

当然 我不确定 我想咨询一个同事

He's actually somewhat of an expert in these matters.

他在这方面是专家

Can I get a page on Dr. Wilson?

请呼叫威尔森医生

A tumor? We don't know.

肿瘤吗 我们还不确定

We're checking just to be safe.

安全起见 我们会给她做检查

You all already checked for that.

你们已经检查过了

The previous M.R.I. Had a broader view.

之前的核磁共振不够清晰

Some tumors are almost impossible to see

有些肿瘤很难被发现

unless you know exactly where to look.

除非你确切地知道它们生长的位置

That means it would be small, right? Yeah.

就是说它很小 是吗 对

Then you'd be able to operate, take it out?

那么你们能用手术切除它吗

If it's a tumor, there are a variety of treatment options

如果是肿瘤 有多种可选治疗方案

but there are variables other than just size.

但并不完全取决于大小

Don't worry. 别担心

Too late. 太迟了

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1. brain stem 脑干

2. partridge [ˈpɑːrtrɪdʒ] n. [鸟]鹧鸪;松鸡

3. tightness [ˈtaɪtnəs] n. 紧密,坚固

4. anemic [əˈniːmɪk] adj. 患贫血症的,贫血的

02

Next issue