
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 247
01
Medical Story Show
(7-4)
Try to remain as still as possible.
尽量保持不动
The less distortion there is, the more detail we'll be able to see.
你保持得越平稳 我们就能看得越清楚
Okay.
好的
Xray tech, report to Radiology Room 3.
X 光扫描技师 请到 3 号放射诊疗室
Well. That's what breasts look like.
乳房就是这个样子的
Is a lie a lie if everybody knows it's a lie?
如果人人都明白是谎言 那谎言还是谎言吗
Well, if a tree pretends to fall in a forest
要是一棵树佯装在树林里倒下
House, come on. They're breasts.
豪斯 行了 那的确是乳房
They're a birthday present
是生日礼物
not a philosophical treatise. Lie number one.
不是哲学著作 谎言一
She did not do that for her husband. She did that for herself.
她这么做不是为了丈夫 是为了她自己
She thinks if she looks different, she'll be different.
她认为只要她看上去不同 她就会真的不一样
No. She thinks if she looks different
不 她觉得要是看上去有所不同
she'll be more attractive, which I have to say
她就会变得更有吸引力 这一点我不得不说
Not to her husband.
她丈夫可不会这么想
Cosmetic surgery is so everyone else will look at us differently.
整容手术是为了让他人对我们另眼相看
The same reason you're wearing that tie.
你戴这条领带也是基于同样的理由
Well, exactly. That was gonna be my next point.
说得对极了 我接下来就准备说这个的
Last three months, same five ties.
过去 3 个月中 同样的 5 条领带
Thursday should be that paisley thing.
周四就该轮到那条涡纹旋花呢的了
It's a gift from my wife. No, it's not.
这是我妻子送的礼物 不是
Julie hates green. You bought that yourself.
朱莉讨厌绿色 是你自己买的
You want to look pretty at work.
为了在工作的时候看着帅气
Wilson's got a girlfriend.
威尔森有女友了
D Stop. Stop. I don't.
够了 停下 我没有
It takes two department heads
一个呼吸急促的病人
to treat shortness of breath?
需要两个科室主任治疗共同会诊吗
What, do the complications increase exponentially with cup size?
难道罩杯越大 并发症就越多吗
I want an E.K.G. And blood tests, including tox screen on Mrs.
我需要做心电图和血检 包括毒物筛检
Exam Room One.
就是 1 号诊疗室的那位病人
You're ordering tests to cover your lechery.
你借故检查来掩盖你好色的本质
Interesting. Very tricky case.
有意思 很棘手的病例
You love everybody. That's your pathology.
你爱每一个人 这就是对你的病情诊断
There were no lesions and no mass effect that we could see.
我们看不到损伤和肿块
What does that mean?
这是什么意思
It means we're still not
意味着我们仍然不确定
sure what's causing the neurological problems.
是什么导致了神经方面的问题
I know some things are hard to cure
我了解有些疾病很难治疗
but what I just don't get is why it's taking so long
但我就是不明白为什么这么久了
to figure out what's wrong with her.
还无法查明她的病因
I know you're scared. I would be too.
我知道你很害怕 换做是我的话也会一样
I don't feel good.
我不舒服
You feeling nauseous?
你有呕吐感吗
Honey, are you all right?
亲爱的 你还好吗
She's seizing! 癫痫发作
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. cosmetic surgery 整容手术;[外科] 整容外科
2. paisley [ˈpeɪzli] adj. 佩斯利(旋涡纹)图案的
3. exponentially [ˌekspəˈnenʃəli] adv. 以指数方式
4. nauseous [ˈnɔːʃəs] adj. 令人作呕的;厌恶的

02
Next issue