
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 239
01
Medical Story Show
(6-16)
You're going to have to check for possible infection.
你要去检查一下有没有感染的可能性
Lucas Palmero?
请问是卢卡斯· 帕玛洛吗
Trina Wyatt, Child Services, State of New Jersey.
崔娜· 瓦欧特 新泽西州儿童福利机构的
Can I help you? This is a private room.
有什么事吗 这是私人房间
He's only 15 years old, a minor.
他只是一个 15 岁的未成年人
He's in a tough living situation.
他生活环境艰苦
We're just here to help.
我们只是来帮助他的
I don't need your help. Fifteen?
我不用你们帮忙 十五岁吗
Lucas, you're gonna have to come with us right now.
卢卡斯 你现在要跟我们走一趟
Where are you taking him?
你们要把他带去哪里
Until the determination is made
在最终决定出来以前
he'll be housed at Children's Services.
他都会住在儿童福利社
I don't want to be "Housed."
我不想被你们管制
I live with my mom.
我和我妈妈住一起
Not for the next few days.
接下来几天不行
Come on. Let's not make this difficult, huh?
来吧 不要让我们为难 好吗
Mom?
妈妈
Mom?
妈妈
I love you.
我爱你
When the Mets lost, you remember?
Mets队惨败的日期 你还记得吗
I remember.
记得
I love you.
我爱你
Cuddy didn't say anything about
卡迪没有说任何
pushing Bergin to finish the surgery? Not a word.
怎么让帕金完成手术的事吗 什么都没说
Some kind of mind game. She's waiting for me to crack.
就像某种心理游戏 她在等着我崩溃呢
Well, either that or she's just being nice. Yeah, right
恩 不然她就是在使好心 是的 没错
You said you wouldn't call.
你说过你不会打电话的
You're a real bastard, you know.
你真是一个混蛋
Yeah, I get that a lot.
是啊 很多人都这么说我
I don't think Mom's crazy.
我不觉得她妈妈疯了
"For in the old days
在过去
though she had young men's praise and old men's blame
尽管她被年轻人赞美 被老年人责骂
among the poor, both old and young gave her praise."
但穷人不管老少都给她赞美
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. minor [ˈmaɪnər] n. 未成年人2. crack [kræk]v. 崩溃,垮掉3. bastard [ˈbæstərd] n. 私生子;卑鄙小人,讨厌鬼;家伙
02
Next issue