
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 230
01
Medical Story Show
(6-7)
Dr. Wyland to Obstetrics. Dr. Wyland, Obstetrics.
瓦莱特医生请去产科 瓦莱特医生请去产科
You drugged her. Actually, I didn't.
你给她下药了 我没有
I've taken her off all medication.
我们停用了所有的药
Your guy Foreman gave her Haldol.
你手下福曼给她用了氟哌啶醇
We needed blood for tests.
我们需要她的血液做化验
I assumed that was the only way to get it.
我估计下药是得到血样的唯一方法
He knocked her out.
他把她弄晕了
Look, I have a cane, and I know how to use it.
听着 我手里有拐杖 我也知道它的用武之地
I hired you. You work for me.
你是我请的医生 你得为我服务
Okay.
好吧
Can I go now, boss?
我能走了吗 老板
The Haldol changes her.
氟哌啶醇会让她彻底改变
She says it makes her soul numb.
她说会让她的灵魂麻木
Don't give it to her.
不要再给她用了
If there be rags enough
"假如破衣足以御寒 "
he will know her name
他愿意听说她的名字
and be well pleased remembering it."
且乐意记住"
You okay?
你还好吗
Old days.
我想听"往昔"那段
"For in the old days
"因为在往昔
Though she had young men's praise and old men's blame
尽管她享有青年人的赞美和老年人的谴责 "
among the poor,both old and young gave her praise."
但穷人不管老少都给予她赞美
Help! Somebody help!
快来人 救命啊
So, when I said no psych meds
我告诉过你不要用精神病药
I'm just curious which word didn't you understand?
我好奇这句话里哪个词你听不懂
The Haldol had nothing to do with the bleed.
氟哌啶醇和她的出血没任何关系
You know that.I used it purely as a chemical restraint.
你知道的 我只是单纯地用它作镇定剂而已
Oh, great. Well, that's good to hear.
听你这么说真是太好了
So she won't experience any of
如果你用药的目的不单纯的话
those pesky little side effects you get
说不定她就不必遭受现在这
when your motives aren't pure.
药物副作用的痛苦折磨
Oh Those side effects are so rare!
这些副作用在临床上十分罕见
What, passing out
昏迷吗
increased confusion, depression?
意识不清加重 抑郁吗
That's not gonna happen.
这些都不会发生吗
That's not gonna screw up our diagnosis
对 这些都不会影响我们的诊断
'cause you just used it to restrain her.
因为你使用药物让她镇定
I'm so relieved.
我真是松了口气
She spit in my face.
她往我脸上吐口水
That must have been so frightening for you.
我想你当时一定吓坏了吧
What was I supposed to do, tie her down?
那我应该怎么做呢 把她绑起来吗
Yeah. Anything but give her drugs.
什么都可以 就是不能给她用药
That's basically my point.
我想说的就是这点
The clotting studies. Pretty fast.
凝血实验结果来了 真快
Did you promise to date the entire lab?
你答应跟所有实验室的人约会吗
No, I save that for emergencies.
不 这招我留着紧急状况下再用
I told them she bled out two units
我告诉他们她呕了 400cc 的血
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. knock sb out 把某人打昏;使疲劳2. cane [keɪn]n. 拐杖3. restraint [rɪˈstreɪnt] n. 克制,抑制;控制,限制;管制措施,制约因素4. pesky [ˈpeski] adj. 讨厌的,麻烦的5. side effect 副作用
02
Next issue