当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 199]

发布时间:2022-09-23浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 199

01

Medical Story Show

(4-18)

Hey, Foreman? Got a minute?

福曼 有空吗

So, pulmonary resistance is stabilized for the two kids

那两个孩子的肺血管阻力平稳

but BP's still...

不过血压仍然...

No news, then.

这不是新闻了

How's Cameron?

你怎么看卡梅隆

Dr. Cameron?

卡梅隆医生吗

Sure.

是的

Let's start with her

从她开始

and move on to all the other Camerons we know.

然后再谈我们认识的其他卡梅隆

Sorry, I'm just not used

抱歉 你关心他人

to you asking about someone's well-being.

还真让我感到有些不适应

I can understand how the question would surprise you.

我能理解对此你的惊讶

I don't quite get how it would confuse you.

不过我不理解怎会让你困惑

Why do you want to know?

为什么你想知道

Why do you want to know why I want to know?

为什么你想知道我为什么想知道

Just curious.

好奇而已

Me, too.

我也是

You don't get curious.

你没有好奇心

I'm the most curious man in the world.

我是这个世界上好奇心最强的人

Not about trivialities.

可你对日常琐事不好奇

Well, then, this must not be trivial.

这当然不是日常琐事

How is Cameron handling everything?

卡梅隆的处事能力如何

Just fine.

挺好的

Great, glad we talked.

很好 我知道了

Your husband is definitely the source of your "Mono".

是你老公给你种的"传单"(怀孕)

Oh, thank God.

谢天谢地

Wow, I'm going to be a mom.

我要当妈妈了

Thank you so much;

谢谢你了

I gotta get you a gift or something.

我得给你买个礼物之类的来感谢你

Sometimes the best gift is the gift of never seeing you again.

最好的礼物就是以后都看不见你

Okay, all right!

好的

But, Dr. House, you've been so awesome.

豪斯医生 你太牛了

I mean, I really, totally trust you.

我真的十分信任你

Do you think you...

能不能...

No.

could do the prenatal?

帮我做产前 ...

No. Or deliver the baby?

不 那替我接生呢

That would be no.

答案是不行

Okay!

好吧

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.pulmonary [ˈpʌlməneri] adj. 肺的;有肺的;肺状的

2.triviality [ˌtrɪviˈæləti] n. 浅薄,轻浮;琐事;平凡

3.definitely [ˈdefɪnətli] adv. 肯定地,当然;明确地,确定地

02

Next issue