当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 203]

发布时间:2022-09-23浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 203

01

Medical Story Show

(5-1)

We are condemned to useless labor.

事无裨益 罚人于身

Fourth circle of hell.

第四层地狱

Charting goes a lot faster

撇开这些名诗雅句

when you eliminate all classic poetry.

写病历能快很多

Writing down what we already know to be read by nobody.

拾人牙慧 却只为无人问津

I'm sure Dante would agree that qualifies as useless.

相信但丁也会认同这些事毫无裨益

You're over two weeks behind in your charting.

你有两个多星期的病历没有补了

Oops. I missed.

哎呀 偏了

What are you, eight?

你多大 8 岁吗

Could an eight-year-old do this?

8 岁小孩能做这个吗

Better stop or it'll stick that way.

省省吧 不然就变不回去了

You have a patient in exam one.

你的病人在一号诊室

Yeah, see I'm-I'm off at 12:00,and it's already five of.

你看 我 12 点下班 现在都 5 点了

She's been waiting for you since 11:00.

她 11 点就开始等你了

Melancholy without hope.

万念俱灰啊

Which circle is that?

那是第几层呢

Hi. I'm Dr. House.

你好 我是豪斯医生

What seems to be the problem?

有什么不适吗

Show him your hands, Augustine.

奥古斯丁 给他看你的手

It looks like stigmata.

看着像皮肤红斑

Shuh Pius

安静 派尔斯

You must be all the talk around the holy water cooler.

你一定光顾着在圣水冷却器边高谈阔论了

Been washing a lot of dishes recently?

最近常洗盘子吗

I help out in the kitchen.

我在厨房帮忙

Anything new in the kitchen?

厨房有新用具吗

We just got a donation of saucepans and pots this week.

这周有人捐赠了平底锅和壶

I unpacked and washed them.

我打开包装清洗了一下

Should've spent your time saving souls.

你的双手可是用来拯救灵魂的

It's easier on the hands.

杂活这事儿倒是难了

This is contact dermatitis. You're allergic to dish soap.

接触性皮炎 你对清洗皂过敏

Nonsense.

胡说

We've always used that soap.

我们一直用的同样的肥皂

Why is there a problem now?

怎么现在才出问题呢

I've been a doctor for years.

我做医生很多年了

Why do I have to keep assuring people

为什么一直要向人保证说

that I know what I'm doing

我清楚我做的事情

A person can become allergic to substances

人们可能对长期

that they've had repeated and prolonged exposure to.

持续接触的物品过敏

The good news is, free samples.

好消息是 免费试用装

Diphenhydramine. It's an antihistamine.

苯海拉明 抗组胺药

It'll stop the allergic reaction.

能阻断过敏反应

Take one every eight hours.

每 8 小时服一片

It might make you feel a little sleepy.

可能会觉得有点儿嗜睡

And get some of that over the counter cortisone cream.

再拿些非处方的可的松软膏

Thank you, Doctor. You want some water?

谢谢你 医生 要水吗

I have some tea.

我带了茶水

Well, you just relax for a few minutes.

行 休息几分钟就好

That stuff works pretty fast.

药物起效很快

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.condemned [kənˈdemd] adj. 已被定罪的,被判死刑的;危险的;被责难的2.melancholy['melənkɑ:li] adj. (令人)悲哀的,(令人)沮丧的3.stigmata [stɪɡ'mɑ:tə,'stɪɡmətə]n. 皮肤红斑4.saucepans [ˈsɔːspæn] n. 炖锅;深平底锅5.dermatitis [,dɜ:rmə'taɪtɪs] n. [皮肤] 皮炎;皮肤炎6.antihistamine [,ænti'hɪstəmi:n] n. 抗组胺剂7.over the counter成药;直接交易;非处方药8.cortisone [ˈkɔːrtɪzoʊn] n. [药] 可的松;肾上腺皮质酮

02

Next issue