当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 183]

发布时间:2022-09-22浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 183

01

Medical Story Show

(4-3)

it indicates a patient's bowel is obstructed

表示病人的肠子有梗阻

but I'm pretty sure you have some deeper truth to impart...

不过我很肯定你有更高深的见解...

It means that some random doctor of indeterminate skill thinks

这表示 某某些无技术无责任心的医生

that the patient's bowel is obstructed.

认为病人肠部有梗阻

Okay, you're upset

好吧 你不爽

because they threw you out of their lounge.

因为他们把你从休息室赶出来了

Look at the xray.

看看 X 光片

It's a normal gas pattern.

是普通胀气

You want, I can get you a key to the oncology lounge.

你要的话 我可以搞把肿瘤科休息室的钥匙给你

Air. Air in the column.

是空气 直肠里有空气

We're getting TiVo.

我们休息室有录像机

If it's air, no bowel obstruction.

如果是空气 就不是肠梗阻

Even if it is air

即便是空气

it could have been there before the obstruction.

也可能是在肠梗阻前就有的

No.

Something's infected both these infants.

两个婴儿同时被感染了

And you're the only one who put this together because...?

你是唯一一个把这两桩事联系起来的 因为...

Because I'm the only one who looked at both kids.

因为我是唯一一个同时关注两个婴儿的

I want them isolated; I want the maternity wardshut down.

我要求把他们隔离 并关闭产科病房

Because you're better at reading an xray than a radiologist.

因为你比放射科医生更懂怎么看 X 光片

Radiologists always overread babies' xrays

放射科医生总是对婴儿的片子小题大作

especially if they're asked to rule out a pathology.

特别是被要求排除病因的时候

He read into it what he wanted.

他们只看他们想看到的

Which is exactly what you're doing.

可你现在就是这样

You're finding a cluster

你在找他们的交集

because you think it's interesting to find a cluster.

因为你觉得这很有意思

Two... plain old sick babies would bore you.

两个病因寻常的小孩会让你无聊的

See, this is why I don't waste money on shrinks

看 这就是我不用花钱看心理医生的缘故

cause you give me all these really great insights for free.

因为你就能免费提供全部深刻见解

Shrink.

心理医生

If you would consider going to a shrink

如果你打算看心理医生

I would pay for it myself.

我会自掏腰包

The hospital would hold a bake sale, for God's sake.

看在上帝的份上 医院会举个行糕点义卖

We have an epidemic!

医院有传染病蔓延

Two sick babies is very sad

两个生病的婴儿很不幸

but it doesn't prove an epidemic.

但不能证明是传染病

How many do?

几个才够

Get up!

起来

We're going hunting.

我们去打猎

For what?

猎什么

Wabbits.

病毒

Hi.

你好

Bye.

再见

He's screaming, he's fine.

他哭了 没事的

Good looking baby.

多漂亮的宝贝儿

Oh, sorry, wrong room.

对不起 走错房间了

We'll see you later.

回头见

12 rooms, that's it?

12 个病房 是吗

Yep.

没错儿

We've definitely checked the whole floor.

我们检查了整层

Good news, no epidemic.

好消息 没有传染病

Tragic, huh?

杯具啊 不是吗

Overflow rooms, third floor.

查查其他楼层的病房 3 层

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.It indicates a patient's bowel is obstructed. 表示病人的肠子有梗阻2.column [ˈkɑːləm] n. 圆柱,纪念柱;柱状物3.isolated [ˈaɪsəleɪtɪd] adj. 遥远的,偏僻的;与世隔绝的,孤寂的;单独的4.maternity ward 产科病房5.shut down 停工,关闭6.rule out 排除7.pathology [pəˈθɑːlədʒi] n. 病理学;病状8.cluster [ˈklʌstər] n. 组,簇;星团;一连串同类事件;交集9.plain [pleɪn]adj. 普通的10.shrink [ʃrɪŋk]n. 精神病学家;心理学家11.tragic [ˈtrædʒɪk] adj. 悲惨的,悲痛的,可悲的;悲剧的;糟透了的

02

Next issue