当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 157]

发布时间:2022-08-30浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 157

Medical Story Show

(2-15)

I for inflammation. We already did that.

I 是炎症 已经排除了

Stupid to have two I's in one mnemonic.

就知道这一个 I 够笨的

What's the other one? Infection.

还有呢 感染

Oligoclonal bands still have to mean something.

寡克隆条带一定代表了什么

But no fevers.

可是没发烧

White count's elevated, but within range.

白细胞数上升 仍在正常范围

We've tested for anything remotely possible.Everything's negative.

不可能的我们都查了 都是阴性

C.T. Scan rules out subdural.

断层扫描排除硬膜下的

Trauma. Later much.

损伤 后面还有更多

You know the problem?

你们知道问题所在吗

Midnight'is actually spelled with a "G'"and an "H. '"

午夜'的拼写是有个 G 和一个 H 的

If we could just figure out what those letters stand for.

如果我们可以弄清楚他们代表什么

It's a sick brain, having fun

一个不正常的大脑 在寻开心

torturing him, talking to him.

折磨他 和他说话

Scaring the hell out of him.

吓他个半死

Get him an E.E.G., left and right E.O.G.

做脑电图 左右眼眼动电图

esophageal microphones.

食道扩音器

If this thing wants to talk, let's listen.

如果它要说话 我们就来听听

We're missing something. This is screwed up.

我们忽略了什么 搞砸了

That's why you came up with the brain talking to the virus thing?

所以你就有了大脑和病毒对话的主意吗

I panicked, okay?

我恐慌了 行吗

Sounded cool though. They bought it.

听着很酷 他们吃这套

Oh, crap.

倒霉

Another reason I don't like meeting patients.

我不喜欢见病人的另一个原因

If they don't know what you look like, they can't yell at you.

他们要是不认识你 就不会冲你吼

Here we go.

现在开始

How can you just sit there?

你怎么能安然坐在这里

If I eat standing up, I spill.

如果我站着吃 会撒出来

Our son is dying, and you could care less.

我们儿子快死了 你怎么能无动于衷

We're going through hell. You're doing nothing?

我们遭受磨难 你却无所事事

I'm sorry. You need to vent. I understand.

对不起 你需要发泄 我理解

Don't be condescending.

不用充好人

You haven't checked in on him once.

你从来都没有去看过他

Blood pressure is 110 over 70.

血压是 110 70

His shunt is patent

他的引流管放置于右侧脑室

The E.K.G. Shows a normal Q. R.S.

心电图显示正常 QRS 波群

With deep wave inversions throughout both limb and precordial leads.

肢导和胸导 T 波倒置

L. F. T.'s are elevated, but only twice the normal range.

M. 肝功能指标上升 但只高出一倍

Oh, yeah. And he's hearing voices.

对了 他还幻听

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1. mnemonic [nɪˈmɑːnɪk]n.帮助记忆的词句(或诗歌等);助记符号;adj.记忆的,记忆术的2. White count's elevated, but within range. 白细胞数上升 仍在正常范围。3. remotely [rɪˈmoʊtli] adv. 稍微,略微;偏僻地,边远地;远程地4. rules out 排除;取消;划去;反对;阻止5. subdural [səbˈdʊrəl; səbˈdjʊrəl]adj. [解剖] 硬膜下的6. trauma [ˈtrɔːməˌˈtraʊmə] n. 痛苦经历,挫折;精神创伤,心理创伤;损伤,外伤;不安,震惊,痛苦7. torture [ˈtɔːrtʃər] n. 拷打,拷问,酷刑逼供;折磨,煎熬;变形;v. 拷打,拷问,严刑逼供8. esophageal [ˌisəˈfædʒɪəl] adj. 食管的;食道的9. screwed up 振作起来了;弄砸了10. crap [kræp] n.废话;胡说;胡扯;质量差的东西;批评;不公正的待遇;屎;拉屎;adj.坏的;糟糕的;劣质的;vi.拉屎11. yell at 对……吼叫12. spill [spɪl] v. (使)洒出,泼出,溢出;n. 洒出(量),溢出(量);(从马、自行车上等的)摔下,跌下13. vent [vent] n. 通风孔,排气口;(强烈情绪或能量的)发泄,表达;v. 表达,发泄(强烈感情);排放(烟、煤气等);给……一个出口14. condescending [ˌkɑːndɪˈsendɪŋ] adj. 表现出优越感的,居高临下的;v. 表现出优越感;屈尊,俯就15. check in on 关心某人、看看某人16. shunt [ʃʌnt] v. 使(火车或火车车厢)转轨;调往,转至(次要的地方);把……推到一边;闲置,搁置;使……分流;回避讨论;n.推;调轨,转轨;(非正式)车辆追尾事故;分流管、引流管

17. precordial [priːˈkɔːdjəl] adj. 心前区的;心窝的

Next issue