
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 161
01
Medical Story Show
(2-19)
You want us to consent to this?
你想让我同意手术吗
I don't even understand what you're talking about.
都不知道你在说什么
Well, the antiviral
好吧 抗病原体...
Look. I'm sorry.
好吧 对不起
I can explain this as best I can
我会尽我所能跟您解释
but the notion that you're gonna fully understand your son's treatment...
但要完全理解治疗过程
and make an informed decision is
并作出决定 是...
is kind of insane.
是不可能的
Here's what you need to know.
你们要知道的是
It's dangerous.
治疗过程很危险
It could kill him.
有可能致命
You should do it.
但必须去做
Did you need something else?
还需要什么吗
You can't order a $3,200 D.N.A. Test to win a bet.
你不能就为了打赌而花 3200 元去做 DNA 比对
It's not an actual cost.
又不是实际成本
I don't know if you know this, but the hospital actually owns the sequencing machine.
我不知道你是否清楚 但医院有 DNA 测序仪器
I'm serious.
我说真的
Tell the parents to submit the bill to insurance.
那跟家长说 把账单寄给保险公司好了
Insurance is not gonna pay for a bet.
保险公司才不会为了你们打赌付账呢
Should. We don't make that bet, the kid dies.
会的 如果没有打赌 那孩子就死了
If not for the paternity bet, I never would have taken their D.N.A.
如果没有打赌 我就不会提取他们的 DNA
Without their D.N.A., we never would have discovered that Dan was adopted
这样 我们也不会发现丹是被领养的
which was the key to this case.
这可是解决这个案子的关键
You just don't want to pay your end.
你就是不想付赌债罢了
Big mistake. My guy knows a guy.
大错特错 我的人知道有个人...
Fine. I will let you out of clinic duty for one week
好吧 我免去你一周的门诊
after you pay the 3,200 for the P.C.R. Test.
不过你要先付了基因扩增测试的 3200 元
Well, now, there's the hundred you owe me.
好吧 这一百是你欠我的
Here's a hundred I won from Cameron.
这一百是我从卡梅隆那里赢回来的
200 I took off of Foreman.
从福曼这里赢了两百
And 600...
六百
I got from Wilson.
威尔森的
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1. consent [kənˈsent] n. 许可,允许;同意,赞同;正式批准文件,批文;v. 赞同,准许,同意2. antiviral [ˌæntiˈvaɪrəl]adj. 抗病毒的;抗滤过性病原体的;n. 抗病毒物质3. insane [ɪnˈseɪn] adj.精神失常的;精神错乱的;精神失常的人;精神错乱的人;十分愚蠢的;疯狂的;危险的;n.精神失常的人;精神错乱的人4. sequencing [ˈsiːkwənsɪŋ] n.(对基因、DNA的)排序;v.按顺序排列;测定(整套基因或分子成分的)序列5. submit to v. 提交;向…提出;.服从,屈服;使……受到6. take off 拿走;起飞;脱下;离开;突然成功
02
Next issue