当前位置: 网站首页 - 在线学习 - 一点英语 - 正文

一点英语

一点英语 [No 187]

发布时间:2022-09-22浏览量:

一点英语

English Step by Step

No. 187

01

Medical Story Show

(4-7)

it's no wonder an infection has spread.

发生感染就不奇怪了

Hey, tie clip!

领带夹

Sorry?

什么

We have an epidemic in this hospital

医院里正在流行传染病

and your tie is becoming a Petri dish.

而你的领带却成为培养皿

Put on a tie clip or take the damn thing off.

戴上领带夹 或者把该死的领带拿下来

My joints have been feeling all loose

我的关节近来一直感觉很松弛

and lately I've been feeling sick a lot.

而且最近一直身体不好

Maybe I'm over training;I'm doin' the marathon

也许我运动太多了 我在跑马拉松

like, ten miles a day

大概每天 10 英里

but I can't seem to lose any weight.

但我看上去一点也没瘦下来

Lift up your arms.

举起你的手臂

You have a parasite.

你有寄生虫

Like a tapeworm or something?

类似绦虫什么的

Lie back and lift up your sweater.

躺下去 把毛衣拉上去

You can put your arms down.

把手臂放下

Can you do anything about it?

你有办法治好吗

Only for about a month or so.

未来一个月 之内有办法

After that it becomes illegal to remove

一个月 过后 拿掉它就是非法的

except in a couple of states.

某些州除外

Illegal?

非法的

Don't worry.

不要害怕

Many women learn to embrace this parasite.

很多女人学会怎样和寄生虫亲密相处

They name it, dress it up in tiny clothes

给它们起名 用小衣服打扮他们

arrange playdates with other parasites...

和寄生虫们一起玩

Playdates...

一起玩...

It has your eyes.

他眼睛长得像你

But... that's impossible.

但是 这是不可能的

Well, I assume you weren't getting your period.

估计你最近没来月经

Maybe that should have give you an inkling.

也许这对你来说是个暗示

But I'm on this birth control implant...

可我植入节育器了

Yeah, I know. I saw the scar on your arm.

没错 我知道 我看见你手臂上的疤了

and my doctor said I might

我的医生说 如果这个有效

not get any periods at all if it was working.

我也许一直不会有月经

Interestingly enough

有意思

you also don't get any periods if it isn't working

它无效的话你照样不会有

which is why you were supposed to get regular pregnancy tests.

所以你应该做常规怀孕测试

I'm going to send a nurse in here to schedule your prenatal care.

我会叫个护士帮你做产前护理

You're due in about five months,so start planning the shower.

五个月 后临盆 你可以开始准备洗礼了

Um, Doctor? Please.

医生 拜托

Me and my husband wanted to have a kid soon

我和我丈夫很想要孩子

but... oh, God.

不过 天哪

Like four months ago we had this really big fight.

四个月 前我们大吵了一架

He moved out.I did something stupid.

他搬出去住了 我做了些傻事

One-night stand?

一夜情吗

Ex-boyfriend.

前男友

I'll schedule you a paternity test, too.

那我会帮你安排一个亲子鉴定

I can't let my husband know.

我不能让我丈夫知道

——From《House M.D》

重点词汇(Vocabulary)

1.tie clip 领带夹2.petri dish 有盖培养皿3.lift up 举起;激励4.tapeworm [ˈteɪpwɜːrm] n. [基医] 绦虫5.embrace [ɪmˈbreɪs] v. 拥抱;欣然接受,乐意采纳6.inkling [ˈɪŋklɪŋ] n. 暗示;略知;模糊概念

02

Next issue