
一点英语
English Step by Step
No. 173
01
Medical Story Show
(3-11)
Sick? How sick?
稍有生病 什么样的病
If he gets a cold, he'll die.
如果他感冒了 他就会死
Okay. I'm gonna push the needle into your hip bone and take some of the marrow.
好了 我会把针穿进你的髋骨取出一些骨髓
That's not so bad.
这也没多疼啊
That was just the anesthetic.
这只是麻醉而已
The core biopsy needle, it's a bit bigger.
真正的活组织检查针头 有点大了
Hey, man. Take a deep breath. This-this is gonna hurt... A lot.
兄弟 深呼吸吧 这将是非一般的疼
Your marrow makes the blood cells.
你的骨髓制造血细胞
We take a peek at it under a microscope
我们在显微镜下观察一下
and maybe we find a viral infection.
也许就会发现病毒感染
Maybe we find some fibrosis.
也可能会发现纤维变性
Something to explain why your blood count is so low.
反正是可以解释你血细胞数量那么低的东西
There we go.
搞定了
One step closer to an answer.
离答案又近了一步了
If you don't find one
如果你找不到的话
I can't stay here forever.
我也不能一直在无菌室里待着
The patient could've died. The one with the pulled muscle?
病人可能会死 肌肉拉伤那个吗
Those symptoms are consistent with a dozen other conditions.
还有很多种疾病可以出现这个症状
I'm entitled to a consult.
我有权参加会诊啊
You are not getting out of clinic duty.
你逃不掉门诊任务的
Come on. You got a hundred other idiot doctors in this building who go...
拜托 你还有一堆白痴医生能很热情
warm and fuzzy every time they pull a toy car out of a nose
富有同情心 去给别人拿出鼻子里的玩具车
you don't need me here.
你根本不用我在这里
No, I don't.
我是不需要
But working with people actually makes you a better doctor.
但是和他人一起工作能让你进步
When did I sign up for that course?
我什么时候报名上这堂课了
When did I give you the impression that I care?
我什么时候让你觉得我在意了
Working in this clinic obviously instills a deep sense of compassion.
在门诊工作显然会慢慢变得更有同情心
I've got your home number, right?
我有你家的电话号码的吧
In case anything comes up at 3:00 in the morning.
就怕凌晨 3 点会有突发事件
It's not gonna work. You know why?
没有用的 知道为什么吗
Because this is fun.
因为这挺好玩的
You think of something to make me miserable.
你想尽办法让我悲惨
I think of something to make you miserable.
我也想尽办法让你悲惨
It's a game, and I'm gonna win
这是个游戏 我会赢的
Because I got a head start. You are already miserable.
我已经有个好的开端了 你已经很悲惨了
——From《House M.D》
重点词汇(Vocabulary)
1.hip bone 髋骨,坐骨;无名骨2.marrow [ˈmæroʊ] n. 髓,骨髓3.anesthetic [ˌænəsˈθetɪk] adj. 麻醉的;感觉缺失的;n. 麻醉剂,麻药4.biopsy [ˈbaɪɑːpsi] n. 活组织检查;活组织切片检查;切片检查法5.take a peek 稍微留意;偷偷看;偷窥6.fibrosis [faɪˈbroʊsɪs] n. [医] 纤维化,[病理] 纤维变性7.entitled [ɪnˈtaɪtld] adj. 有资格的8.getting out of v. 逃避;避免;戒掉(某个习惯);从……退出9.instill [ɪnˈstɪl] vt. 徐徐滴入;逐渐灌输10.a head start 先行一步的优势;有利的开端
02
Next issue